I| Chapter IX: Within the Medical Room

Blathnaid

Couple of minutes before.

My heavy eyelids lift inside the medical room. I went from a hospital one day to a medical room at home the next. Rick is beside me, watching my vitals. A neck posture corrector is placed around my neck. My neck feels sore while inside my throat feels like it got crushed by a boulder. When Ivelisse squeezed my throat shut, no air was being inhaled or exhaled. I can feel myself drifting away as I suffocate. Thankfully, Naomi saved me at the last second. I wished she should've done it the moment I started being choked to decrease the chances of long-lasting damages, but I can excuse her because she does have abilities that no one else has. I think the coven wouldn't mind it though. Stuff like that amazes them.

I look around the room. Ivelisse wasn't in the room, but Markus was in the corner of the medical room.

"Blathnaid, open wide for me," Rick commands while he turns on a light. I do what he says as he examines the inside of my mouth.

"Your tongue is a little discoloured," he told me before examining my eyes, "And your eyes are puffy and bloodshot." He checks my temperature with a head scanner. "Still have a fever."

Well, no shit, My mind says what I can't.

"Sit up for me, please." I obey and he removes my neck adjuster for a moment. He gently put his hand around my throat. He tells me to swallow. I do and experience some difficulty. Ow.

"Can ya speak for me, please?"

"I...Can...Try-" I speak roughly. My voice is hoarse and it's hard to speak because it hurts like hell. The pain almost made me whimper. He is going to keep an eye on me for a little while longer.

I look at Markus. "What are you doing here" I mouth, refusing to speak.

"Avoiding trouble." He does the same in return.

"How bad is your paralysis?"

"I am paralysed from the neck down."

"I saw you move without her before," I exclaim.

"Nao told you what happened a decade ago, so it's no use hiding it from you," he mouths while rolling his eyes. He looks paranoid and annoyed concurrently.

"Why did you do all those things?"

"I was lost in my sick thoughts of seeing my asshole of a mother dead and to those who made my life a fucked up circus." He does have that sour expression across his face, hating to talk about it.

"What did Naomi do to you?"

He doesn't answer; he blankly stares.

"What made you come after Naomi? Was it because she is your niece?" I rephrase.

"I actually didn't know Naomi until after my powers were decreased to nothing, but a hot steel plate. My vision was as if another consciousness took hold during the time I killed my family. I was already doing its bidding until it decided to fully take over."

The words I never have thought to hear in my life.

Looks like one side of Naomi's family is more than dysfunctional; it is atomically messed up. I never met her uncle, but I could've witnessed his abilities. Our house was destroyed by a pyroclastic cloud from a volcano that erupted in London. We were walking around, away from his total destruction. It made us temporarily homeless and we were placed to live in an apartment for a while. Geologists say that it's a weak spot in the crust. He said his powers were reduced, so could he be capable of causing that mess?! So Naomi had to deal with an uncle that is capable of ripping the damn planet open?! He did this all because he was sick of the agony?! I can see why Naomi kept this mostly private. If this happens to me, it will be impossible for me to face it.