WG| Chapter XVIII: Saving the Last Hope

Day 66

Another long and depleting day, but before I leave the palace from another day of patrolling, I visit the last Queeneta's quarters. Ilit's sickness is not contagious, but deadly. From what the guards say, Ilit developed a disease that affects Teketa's lungs and body, Endeda. It will first start off as fatigue and goes into trouble breathing. Ilit is in an advanced stage of the infection, so tired that she will be incoherent, fighting for her life.

The guards let me through without any complications. "Poor Queen, she isn't doing any better," they tell me. There she lies, heavily breathing, lying on a Teketa bed. Her breath sounds choppy, gasping for that much needed air. She doesn't dare to move her head to me. I go up to her body.

"Ilit," I whisper to her.

Her eyes slowly open. She stares at me while blinking. Her eyes are terribly dry and she is dehydrated. Teketa stated those who survived the Endeda's advanced stages were very slim. If they were treated well, their survival was raised. Ilit is the last kind that can reproduce Teketa. From what I can gather, she can still reproduce another round of Teketa if she heals. The Teketa are cruel hard ass combatants, but they do have a heart. Their heart is caged by Netedinark. The ones that invaded Gaeriscelleh could be those who wanted to be free. I pity them- I really do. I also pity Ilit. I don't want her to produce Teketa for Netedinark's reign, but if she doesn't reproduce, their species is doomed for extinction within the next century.

They will be extinct faster with Netedinark being a warlord.

Does Ilit ever be cherished by something else, not just being a Queen and being an incubator?

"We hate seeing you like this," I said sympathetically, "Ever wonder to be Endeda-free?"

She continues to stare at me without nodding, without saying a word. I don't expect her to. She probably wonders what I am up to.

"Rest, Ilit," I politely order.

She shuts her eyes, falling asleep faster than being awake. I wish I could do that during my school days. I place my hand against her shoulder. My veil starts to blow against the wind. All my focus is putting energy into Ilit. My energy stuns the disease, a nasty green cloud in her lungs. I can hear that disease screaming as it is being vaporised by my healing energy. The good news is that she can recover with Endeda gone.

Once I finished, her eyes shot open again, stopping me from re-energising her. She stares at me in shock and confusion.

"Farewell," I whisper to her before taking my leave.