WG| Chapter XXXVI: Relapsed

Day 157

Aelen- nowhere to be found. Dominique- unconscious. Ivelisse- sighing in relief that I've made it back. Markus, his seething eyes darting at me, watching my every move. They haven't forgotten the last time we fought. His skin is the shiny black obsidian, not the light pink on that day he destroyed the apartment I was living in. Ivelisse watches his moves too. Words won't cut it with him.

"Netedinark forced him into t'e state," Ivelisse tells me.

My body creates a large lightning bolt around itself upon that accursed name. A strike won't soothe me at this point, but I still have control. Markus doesn't. He made him lose control. Static winter surrounds me; frost exists in my breath.

"Don't try to kill him," I said to Ivelisse.

"Wasn't plannin' anyway."

He roars as he dashes towards me at high speeds. I hold off my ice attack as we fight with fists. It feels like I'm fighting with Bracus's combat tips and training. Both Markus and I received the same information, but I learned about Teketa's combatants too. Teketa doesn't fight with magic as much. Gaeriscelleh does. The only sorcery the Reveta do is to wield large weapons. They can be more useful and dangerous if they learn more about their abilities.

Markus crafts a shiv out of thin air and slyly stabs me in the chest. He grips the back of my neck while doing so. I can feel his hands heating up exponentially. He is going to have my cremation early while I'm still alive.

I blast ice onto Markus. I swear I see purple lightning in my attacks now. White mixed with purple looks more ominous than pretty. They're the opposite of the surface of the Sun. He lunges backward and crashes onto the ground. He gets up and his wings flap. He rises up into the air with a roar. I can feel the ground below me heat up. Molten cracks of lava don't affect me. Frost spreads from me as I make the ground frozen. I hear the ground sizzle as it cools down.

The ground begins to rumble. As I see the red glow from the ground growing stronger. I look back up at Markus.

"We're not enemies, Markus!" I say to him, "Please, fight from with- AH!"

A force slams me down to the ground. The frost melts and evaporates as the ground heats. It splits open, erupting lava everywhere. Lightning wakes up all around my body as the force slams me deeper underground. I don't feel anything from the magma.

"Nao!" I hear Ivelisse's heavily muffled screams as the ground seals me close.

Ivelisse

"Nao!" I shriek out to her without any call back. The crust near her seals her.

I look back at Markus. His ugly look threatens me.

Dark rocks that were carved into sharp daggers appear out of nowhere. I've already set a 'waypoint' nearby in case I get hit.

"Fight it," I repeat what Naomi said.

He growls as he charges at me, along with the daggers. Fist blocking punch while the daggers hit me at speed. They impale deep inside my muscles.

Ow. Ow! Owwww!

I quantum tunnel back to the waypoint. To him, I vanished. The stab wounds disappear due to time malfunction. What? There was no way I was stabbed the same time I set these waypoints. Haha!

I dart back at him with a shield, shoving him with mighty force.

"You missed," I taunt. I set up multiple waypoints around me. I'm there, but totally not. I can see and feel them as my translucent selves.