I| Chapter IV: Dark Lights Through the Halls

Markus

"You and Markus stay downstairs while we will keep a watch upstairs," Blathnaid tells Naomi. Naomi nods in agreement before they split up.

"Let's take a stroll through the halls, shall we?" Naomi says before pushing me in the chair slowly. It's not like I can say no.

We stroll to the kitchen, dining hall, living room, workout room, garage, and the library. Still, no sign of the girl. They were talking with her for like a few minutes before she wandered off into somewhere else. Then, bam! She disappears with a Houdini magic trick. Now we can't find her. It's not like I give a damn. I can't help. I would like to, but it will be weird if they see a paralyzed man's wheelchair moving by itself. I can't remove the controls on these things.

The coven is okay. The fights pretty much give me a headache. I need to find a power trick to make myself deaf, not to overhear everything. It reminds me of the times when my mom and twins fight against me. It gets my blood boiling. She even escalates into physical harm that still hurts today. Damn flashbacks. I never had them when I got my revenge and stuck in a seething pot of fire. Why now? It's hard not to have a panic attack when they hit. If I wasn't paralyzed, I can probably express my anxiety without restraint. Since I am in a strange household, I don't want to piss off my damn niece and her father by shouting at the coven to shut the hell up or having a panic attack.

"Do you want any books to read, Markus?" Naomi asks.

"Does it look like I can read?" I remark, reminding her that I can't move my friggin arms.

"Um, I still see you're able to open a book up with your damn mind," she replies, calling out to my crappery.

"What do you mean? Like this?" I make two books above her on the shelf next to her fall on her. I smirk at her, warning her to not test me. She looks at me, clutching her hands into fists.

"Yes," she hisses.

"You're lucky those books weren't heavy and hardcovers, otherwise, down you go."

She goes to pick up the books and sneers, "You should consider yourself lucky that the dark angel eased off your organ failure and inability to talk," she places the books back on shelves, "Otherwise you'll be more of a toasted pickle."

A growl rumbles in my throat. "Don't mention those days," I told her angrily.

"I get it; it sucked, but remember, submitting into your rage for a long time screws you over and makes everyone around you hate you."

Okay, can they stop mentioning that to me?! It's been like a friggin 'decade! I am not asking them to get over it, but will they shut up about it?! If I still had my power, I would frick them up pretty badly while it fricked me up. It will keep their asses alive and no one will give a shit. Naomi and her father are lucky that they survived. It's not necessarily a bad thing because their sorry asses are taking care of me, but why bring that up?!

I eye her down while she walks around the library. I use my abilities to push the wheelchair myself. In the farthest left corner, she pauses. Something must have hit her.

"Markus, do you feel anything here?" She asks.

I push myself a little closer. My whole body twitches as I feel high spiritual energy surging through me. I feel higher than a drug high. An energy that never gets old. I don't wish for it to fade. It's a portal. A portal that connects the spiritual world into this one.

I shiver. I still remember my grandpa telling me how to get into the library to get rituals. Those non-human rituals are the next-level kind of transcending. I know that I can't endure trials like those again with the Dark Angel. My mind gags and shivers at the experiences I went through, in order to strike those who wronged me.