WG| Chapter XI: Billions Of Years

Part 4: Mortal Empires

Two centuries have passed after the biggest advancement in Verantuvia. People gained enough confidence to start their own empires. Since they didn't know about the other continent existing, they asked their once rulers for help. There was enough space left on Ylith to build empires. Mortal empires are tiny compared to empires ruled by Gods. Plenty of them failed, but few of them survived and became successful.

Etison, known as the Golden Mouth, became a jewel estate empire in the southwest of Phirus. They created jewels and extravagance just to look beautiful. On top of that, they make gold look good. They are the only empire in the world that has a commodity trading system. Ablen compliments their beauty, but their commodity system may break them in the future since no other empire uses currency. He feared that Etison might fail, but didn't intrude on their development. Yanmaham is a refined Gaerisian empire southeast of Phirus and south of Gaeriscelleh. They originated from Gaeriscelleh. They connect with their ancestors and lost souls. They became the Mages of Spirits. Yanmaham citizens are psychic and spiritually active; their buildings are small temples to suit their needs and practice.

Meanwhile, Titane and Jersome formed south of Teketa, a high grass plain region with storms, more severe than Gaeriscelleh's thunderstorms. They became the capital empires that had connections to all of them, except Teketa.

"The outsiders are becoming untamed for us. Teketa is our safe place and I will protect you, yet leaving will make you a traitor to the Teketa," Netedinark told his people.

"Does he go to the other empires?" I ask him.

"Only goes out once per year," Forgison explains.

"Now that's why he's a total nutjob."

"Not quite. He only acted out around this time for some reason."

"One more thing, do the people here now know the other continent exists?"

"No," Forgison grins.

"Why not?"

"We wanted to keep it free of people. We still don't need that island."

"It's more of a before and after photo," Verdentina comes in with a smile.

"Oh," I said, "Resume, please."

Teketa obeyed. Jersome and Titane expanded their borders and asked Netedinark for more land. He responded with increased military force. The change caused Teketa to move illegally into Jersome and Titane.