WC| Chapter XXXVII: World-Breaking Fury

Part 1

Dominique

Day 166

The battle is no longer physical; it is medical. Staff had little to no breaks, had little to no sleep. So did I. The bags under our eyes are heavy and our sight hurts to stay open, but we can't shut them yet. It didn't matter if they were Gaeriscelleh, Titane, Jersome, Ferilocks, Evanity, or Teketa. We all needed to pair up and help each other to help with the wounded. The advanced medical spells are able to help, but more keep piling up as more troops realise that they were paralysed and critically injured on the stained battlefield. We had volunteers help seek out survivors.

I help administer IV fluids to a Titane soldier, who is dehydrated and recovering from blood loss. Their blood never stops flowing and clotting is so slow. They have more blood than a human body and their skin is thicker. A cut with a kitchen knife won't break the skin enough to bleed, and it takes more lashes with a sword to slice it open. They have higher physical defence, but once that is damaged, they're done for if untreated.

Jersome is a next-door neighbour that had other things to offer. Their bodies and their technology rely on gas. Their thick pores from their hands, feet, and mouth can leak gases with different compositions and effects. Forty-seven of their soldiers leaked euphoric gases in their room to get themselves high and distract them from the pain. Five of them had to get their mouths, hands, and feet taped up because they made it hard for the staff to treat them because all of them were falling to the ground in laughter. Laughter is good and all, but they need to stay focused.

"Don't emit too much of it, otherwise, we will have to block your pores," I said to the Jersome soldier. His arm was cut off and has minor explosion wounds. I can see that pink gas exit his mouth. I'll know what is too much when the room is literally covered in a thick fog of pink or white or both.

"I won't," he says while smiling. Actual Translation: No promises.

I slide his medical room door shut and move on. I hope deep beneath his highness, he better listen. Their fog can slip out of the room and affect medical staff in the hallway. At least, the hallways are not as bad as they were days ago. We are quick. I pass by the entrance to the patio outside that is filled with Teketa. I froze and put my ears against the wall. I can still hear things on the other side of the wall even with background noises.

"Do you think our Lord will be happy?" I hear.

"I don't know. Perhaps, not."

"Should we carry out an attack?"

"Seriously, Entell? They are treating us without judgement and you wanted to go and attack them? I know you are afraid of the Lord, but hell, have some respect for outsiders. Don't get Netedinark's gatekeeping rules in your goddamn head."

Another voice comes in. "He hasn't met us on the battlefield at all. He told us he will be there."

"He said he will be there after defeating Bracus."

"He did say that, but where is he?"

"He probably is still battling him. Bracus is also a God."

"Yeah, but now, we are in Bracus's lands. How will he be happy about this?"

"He will be relieved that we are alive."

"And he will keep us fighting and fighting! I am sick of this routine. I wanted to settle down and date a Reveta girl!" I guess that Naomi is telling the truth, and her going out of her way to join a rebellious meeting did help in the long run.

"Really, the blanket-heads?"

"Yes!"

"We can't even date each other!"