WG| Chapter XVII: Sorrow to the Executioner

Day 60

"Looks like we got spies," says a Kateta while looking out upon the border. The border is an armed dark wall made out of the material of a hive. The wall is plastered with Netedinark's hardened slime, making it hard to destroy. The Kateta spots one Fai and an Archen in the Gaeriscelleh's treeline. It's only dawn, but the Teketa were trained to see in the dark.

"What do you mean, Fall?" Another Kateta rushes over and looks at what he is seeing, "Looks like they were climbing a tree."

"That can mean many things, sir," Fall states, "Invasion or they are just playing around."

"What are we going to do?"

Fall taps on the communicator right on his chest. He says, "We got two Gaerisians near the border. We need to take them in."

The communicator is connected to all Teketa on duty, including the high-ranking officials.

"Sending reinforcements," an officer replied

Everyone is sent into the Warzai. The Fai and Archen with their hands cuffed and legs clamped to the floor. I hear Teketa's excitement all over the chamber itself like thousands of seagulls flying around in a restaurant parking lot. The Fai is blue in colour while the Archen is covered in loose grey wool clothing. Judging by their size and height, they were possibly kids. Netedinark circles around them, knowing what he is about to do next.

"So why were you near my borders?" He says in a smug way.

"We were just climbing trees," the Fai explains to him.

"Didn't Bracus warn you not to go near?" He snarls back with a smirk.

"We didn't know we were close!" The Archen whines, "We're sorry. Please just let us go."

Netedinark laughs. "Didn't you see the wall?"

"No, we haven't," Fai replies.

"By the time we noticed it, it was too late," The Archen adds in.

"Kateta reported you didn't leave minutes before they got to you."

"We were paralyzed in realisation, Netedinark! Don't kill us! We mean no harm, I swear!"

"Quiet Anton, you are only making it worse!" The Archen yells at the Fai, "Our mother would be mad at us."

Mother? Wait? Mother?! Oh dear God!

"Lord Netedinark, Teketa checked us for weapons and they found none," Fai defends, "Ask them!"

"They don't need to ask because I already know, but now I will decide your fate."

They pale.

Netedinark walks towards us- The Reveta area. He points to the Reveta next to me. The Reveta have their veils dyed purple, my roommate. I can now tell if a Reveta is a male or female. Male faces have more visuals beneath the cover; their faces look malnourished and zombified. They have huge eyes like ancient humans. I can't see the face of this Reveta. Her large axe appears out of thin air as she walks toward the captives. He whispers something into her ear before he watches as she circles them, staring them down. They look up with eyes glossed with fright. The chamber saturates with high-pitched shrieks as she ready up her axe.

She didn't kill both of them. She was ordered to cripple the Archen by swinging the axe into his back. He was knocked unconscious while Fai was set free to go home, taking Archen's body with him. We were dismissed. The rest of my duty felt like hell to go through. Were they okay? Did they make it home? Is the Fai still out there, dragging the Archen with him?

The lady Reveta hasn't arrived home while the rest of my roommates are here. "Where is she?" I ask them.

"We have no clue," one of the replies, "She probably got a double shift."

She didn't come back for days. We start to wonder if there was something wrong until all of us are summoned to the Warzai. It turned out that Reveta left her shift early to find the kids. She helped the poor Fai carry Archen back to their village, so he could be treated as soon as possible. She was later found dead in Gaeriscelleh, close to the borders. The cause of her death was unknown, but suspected that Gaeriscelleh murdered her. Since she left without saying a word, she was not given an honorary mourning, in which all the Teketa bow their heads in respect into the beautiful casket. Their funeral traditionals to to burn the corpse to release their ashes into the universe. She is given a dark casket. All of us escorted her casket into the woods, digging a place to keep her grounded in the loneliness of the planet until its destruction.

Most of the Reveta left once we placed her casket into the hole, but my roommates and I stayed.

"Don't bury her yet," one of them orders.

"Get the fruits off the trees."

All of us pick fruits off the branches. We gently place them into her casket before sealing her. We begin the journey to our hive.

"Why the fruits?" I ask.

"Dia deserved an honourable burial. You see, Kursa, she went through hell. She lost her mother, was abused by the Kateta, and was mocked by Netedinark's staff. She was already lost and slicing into a child's back snapped her roots. "

"I suspect Gaerisians didn't kill her," the second male Reveta comes in.

"Did you think she did it herself?" I imply.

"Could be- Her death wasn't ruled out. Dia doesn't have to worry about this place anymore."

"This place is always a shithole to us," the third scoffs.

"I thought Netedinark wouldn't harm kids and teens, but I was fooled," said the second.

"No, he said it. What a liar!"

"No dip," I agree.

"Shhhhh, Jiku and Kursa," the second one warns.

"He isn't here with us, Ulysses; he can't hear anything," Jiku tells him off.

"I know, but watch it...Others might be listening."

"How about peaceful silence for Dia?" The first one suggests, desperate for this to end.

"Sure, Zan."

All of us go quiet. We continue walking with the same thing in our mind: Long live, Dia, may you rest in peace.