I| Chapter I: The Cry for Help

2062

Hampstead, England

Nyx Coven

"What should we do then?" Cries from a desperate high priestess, undecided of what the coven should do next.

"Can we give her another banishment ritual?" One of the coven members suggests in a tense tone.

"She killed Renin and Jonas," the high priest mentions, out of options.

"Kill her?" Another member of the coven suggests.

"Why say such a thing?" High priestess scolds, "She is a member of the coven too,"

"But she disobeyed us and screwed up. Since she is becoming very unpredictable and violent, we must kill her."

"We don't know what could happen if we kill her. It can make matters worse," states the scholar, "I have an idea. I propose outside help. We need an exorcism. Since our banishment rituals are failing, that seems the other option."

"No," the high priest denies, "They will scold us for performing witchcraft and probably order us to get a cleansing too."

"We don't have to say anything about that," the scholar argues, "I do have connections to someone that knows how to deal with this sort of thing."

"Who?" The high priest asks.

"Father McKelsey and his daughter, Naomi" the scholar explains, "Naomi has a higher tolerance to similar cases before. She's not judgy."

"What about her father?"

"He is understanding."

The high priest takes a long sigh in silence. "Alright, make the call to the bishop."

The scholar nods and dials the number on her phone.

Naomi

"Come on, Markus, you need your outside time. You're coming to the store with us," I fuss.

He rolls his eyes. It's not the first time he has done this. It's been a decade since we took care of him. Some of the effects he endured years ago were temporary. His organ failures and the inability to speak were gone. Well, his voice box sometimes leaves him or he refuses to talk on purpose, giving us the silent treatment. He is still paralysed from the shoulders down.

Our connection with Markus is stressful. He literally hates his life. He went from dealing with abuse, turned into a superhuman nutjob, and is now disabled. I am not saying he deserved it. He sometimes refuses to cooperate with us when we try to take care of him. We tried to offer him therapy sessions with a counsellor, but he downright refused. He feared that they wouldn't take him seriously. There's one part of me that still has a concern for Markus and wants to make him better. His actions may be highly unforgivable and unforgettable, yet would I rather live with a psychopath or a reformed one? Definitely reformed. At least, he will be a changed spirit if he ever goes into the afterlife. After a decade, he did improve, but he needs to work on his social, mental, and emotional health. He did gain weight though; he doesn't look so starved, but he is still underweight. I guess it's a good sign that we are trying our best to take care of him.

There are things that I've noticed while my father didn't. The dark angel still left some power within him; he can only do small amounts of telekinesis or manifestations. His eyes will turn slightly red while doing so. He still looks the same age as before he turned into a monster. Well, I never look a decade older. I guess these abilities affect age. But why does he still have them after the dark angel removed them? I know he doesn't feel sorry, but I feel he left them there to keep Markus alive. If he fully did, he would age and die. So Markus remains paralysed forever as his punishment.