WG| Chapter XXVII: Emergency Rescue

Part 1: Ella

Ivelisse

Day 124

Bracus and Dominique call on us with urgency. I quantum tunnel to where Dominique and Bracus summon us.

"Will you stop quantum tunnelling?" Bracus tells me, "You're only several feet away. You might break the universe with that."

"W'at is 'appenin'?" I ask him, ignoring him.

"Naomi's safety has been compromised," Bracus answers to all of us.

I pale. Oh no. This can't be good. Markus's eyes are glowing red and his wings burst out of his back. His face is flat and bitter.

"I will slay whoever leaves a finger on Naomi," Markus growls. His inner dragon peaking.

"So will I," Aelen joins in.

It feels so weird for Aelen to say that shizz.

"I think it's too late," Bracus grimaces. Markus starts to sizzle.

"No. The rest of the coven has been located. We need to rescue them and bring them immediate treatment," Dominique comes in, "Aelen you got Rick, Markus you got Phil, and Ivelisse you got Ella. Bracus and I will get Naomi."

My lips curl when she mentions Ella to me. I miss Ella and I feel the mistake burdens me again. Ella's recent condition will scratch my heart even more. This time, I have a chance to show her that I will redeem myself.

A blue gem manifests out of thin air. It multiplies into three and goes onto our forehead. We can see Naomi's memories of locations of the coven and Naomi's dad. We can also see what Naomi has done before.

Sheesh, she's an active pilot... She was set to spy, not sabotage.

"You now know. Now go!" Dominique orders.

I quantum tunnel to Ella's location. Her mutant-like stares haunt me and they will haunt me forever. What are you doin' in my territory? Her face reads.

"'igh Priestess Ella," I said to her.

She lets out a loud scream, letting out purple shockwaves in all directions. They hit me and my head hurts. My back slams against the wall.

"Ella, it's me, Ivelisse!" I explain to her, "Please, we're not t'e enemy."

She screams again. Goodness, her screams are a banshee's madness. The sound is more terrifying than my momma screaming. She thrashes in her chains.

"I don't want to 'urt you!" I tell her, "Please, stop. Recognize w'o you are."

She stomps the ground, it shakes that I go into the air to not feel the force. She then shrieks again, hitting me against the shaking wall.

She thrashes again and the chains become undone.

This is not good.

She charges at me without a second thought. I dodge to my left.

She stomps on the ground. A powerful shockwave shakes the poor cell. She unleashes another soundwave that slams me to the wall again.

"Ella, please!" I beg,

But she keeps on screaming and screaming with no end in sight. She comes closer. The soundwaves turn deafening. I feel my body forced deeper into the wall.

If she keeps on getting closer, she'll put me in the wall. Literally.

I manipulate the gravity near her. She lets an evil hiss as she drags toward it. I make the gravity wall return to normal, causin' a bounce back. She groans as she falls back.