WG| Chapter VIII: Aelen's Escape

Aelen

Day 7

Netedinark's guards laugh with pride at the daemon who was ripped up in half by a tree. I have been here for three days now, drifting in and out of coherence. "It's only a matter of time until we get the rest of them," says one of them on the ground, "I can't wait until we ripped more daemons along the way." What did my kind do to you that you so despise?

"Indeed," the other agrees, "What masterpieces that our Lord will do this time with them. This one is full of shit, anyway." Its fingers point at me.

I can't even show any sign of distress or throw grounded insults at them. They will mock me before more complications will arise. If a tree grows inside of me, they will use my blood as their own fruit. A fruit that I love to poison. They will taste my organs as if they are sweet cherries, solely to collapse thereafter.

"A few of our soldiers were found dead two days ago from a mysterious murder," a soldier whisper to another. Well, not exactly faint, more like loud.

"I've heard," the other one acknowledges, "Any leads?"

"Some suggest they're dumbasses that tried to do something they shouldn't. The others think it's treason."

"I really doubt they were traitors," the other disagrees, "Treason is also another dumbass decision. The Lord prepared our lives for triumph. They should be ever grateful."

Sheesh, I can't tell the difference between their looks, but by their voices. One's voice has a gurgling sound, choking down his own vomit while the other end is claws to old wood. Both of them sound repulsive and annoying, but I still pry. The gurgling one continues, "I think they were dumbasses. We have quite a handful and I am not surprised that the generals didn't do shit to kick them out."

"It's the only duty here. The Lord loves his loyal subjects. He should add more jobs pertaining to those subjects. If he was sexually active, he could open up a Harem."

"Don't start with that shit," the gurgling one warns, "He only does that to the outsiders. Besides, he is probably horny from one of the females from the foreign land. No one here is sexually attracted to the Lord. The only reason why we are still alive is that the Queenetas of the hive reproduce without pleasure."

"There's only one Queeneta left. We need more queens!" The one with the scratchy tone exclaims.

Okay, I am going to call Itchy and Chokey now, so no mix-ups. They aren't saying their names and Netedinark is the Lord, so why not? Want me to be annoying? I will be.

"The queens aren't reproducing another. If this queen dies without birthing another queen, we are done for."

"Lord Netedinark is aware of the troubles. If he has to, he will try to spread it within a liable host. Right now, he is studying the new additions to the territory. The ones from Earth, the ones from the disgusting universe," Itchy states. What did our universe ever do to you? My hearing perks up. I am now curious and desperate to know what additions he is trying to reproduce to his dying mass.

"Don't say it here; the bastard on the tree can hear!" Chokey warns apprehensively.

No, keep going, My thoughts urge. A light buzz takes over my head and my sight. It's close to lightheadedness without blurry vision. I never had that before, but I've been around humans enough to know what it's like. The coven faced lightheadedness from a bug years ago. They couldn't stand up without falling. Ella got them more often. She would faint, get sick, and be bedridden for multiple days every month. Her tubal ablation surgery eased her symptoms.

"That imbecile is more dead than the roots of the tree," Itchy reassures.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," Itchy goes on, "Thus far E is incapable of producing a queen or a hybrid."