WG| Chapter V: Madness Brewing

Markus

"You can't resist forever, Markus," a knight antagonizes. I can feel his grin beneath his helmet. His tentacles behind his back slowly dance around. These tentacles love to change texture and mold into weapons if they wanted to.

I groan while I fight against the mind that was restrained through all these years threatening to come back up, to overthrow me, to control me. The fight is so bad that my body is trembling by the amount of energy it consumes just to keep them at bay. I can move now. I never had to worry about this when I was paralyzed. Paralysis would've made it difficult to fight back, but Wrath would be easily defeated. Perhaps, being paralyzed may be an easy way out; a worthless toy to toss away. Why would they awaken the beast out of a crippled man?

My head throbs heavily. I rub my temples in an attempt to soothe it. I am able to stand and hold myself. The chains on my feet and wrists are loose. They are stuck to this dark goo against the wall. People will think it will be easy to rip off and break free, but it's stronger than concrete. It's easier to connect chains in than to take them out.

The room is a daunting stone wall with no windows. The lights are white fire torches that glow achingly in oblivion. I didn't take in more because my eyes are clamped shut to battle inside.

"Give in. There's no use fighting it. You know you can't," they aggravate followed by a quiet laugh.

Imbeciles, you are making it worse for me and you, trust me.

I admit that the balance is uneven. Its consciousness' craze for control nearly takes me over, but I keep pushing it down. They keep getting stronger and stronger. A decade being oppressed was too bad for them. The real problem is: Why do I still have them?

"The quicker you give in to them, the less painful," they beckon again.

"Shut...Up..." I scowl. My voice switched between monstrous and human back and forth. I don't know if it was myself, the mind, or if we are both agreeing with each other. We used to be 'friends,' but the relationship became dominantly owned by the Wrath. It leeched off my thoughts of revenge and escaping the unpleasant world. It itself became its own entity that was still possessing me.

"Come on, Markus, it'll be fine. You'll be at rest, free from the pain," the knight says in a fake sweet voice.

"I said shut the hell up," I repeat, irked.

My vision turns into a redful daze as I can see my mind and body being replaced by another one. I slam my hands into my face as I fight back again. The ache increases, adding lightheadedness to the mix. I groan again. I can feel the wild heat sizzling on my skin. I watch parts of my arms and hands turn basaltic. My body heavily trembles, on the verge of collapsing. I keep myself from fainting, knowing if I do, I'm done for.

The knights begin to chant. They encourage me to give in. They are dooming me into my own personal hell. I really love it if they shut their own trap. They enjoy it. I can no longer see my vision; it is all pure red. The raging consciousness is taking over.

"Noooooooo!" I let out in despair. I am losing feeling in my body. No! No! No! Not this! No more! The only thing is I can feel the heat growing into worldly proportions. Basaltic skin grows all over me. Claws begin to come out.

They didn't inject me with anything to cause my rage to go rapidly. The knights only injected me with the venom that makes me very weak, unable to fight them back. Once they used their magic on me, my rage desired to take control by force. Unfortunately, this isn't going to end until I give in or die.

Markus, sometimes it's easier to let me handle things you can't control. We all want the same thing: We want to escape and we want to fight. Just let go and embrace me or you can die in this barren garbage hole of a place. Do you fear me? We are the same.

We are the same.

We are the same.

I just want to get out of here! I want to leave this place that makes me miserable. My hands turn into bare fists as I grow in deep resentment. I'm tired of being mocked, hurt, and treated like shit. Why are they so eager to see the pissed-off version of me? The worse one if they do conjure me! My draconic strength returns. I harshly tug on my chains; they rip apart. Finally, some freedom. The nasty beings rejoice in my conversion until they realize they're next to be ripped up. They back up and they draw out their weapons. The biggest malicious grin grows upon my face. Good, be afraid. Everyone fears for their murder and I with give their soul-withering ceremony.

After I roar at them, they back away some more. I unleash my hell on them. Their weapons get ripped out of their hands from my mind. They go on their knees as I implant fire in their own heads. They scream and scream, clutching their own heads. Their brains boil in their own liquids. I can hear their brains scream, gurgle, and suffocate in the scorching heat. Their heads grow in size before their brains finally explode. I never used that power since my reign of hell at that damn party.

No! Let me be released!

I am you, Markus. I can fight.

We are not the same!

My body freezes up as I clutch my head. I shout loudly as I am finally able to get a grip on myself, trying to shove my endless Wrath into the backseat. Better yet, the trunk. The red vision fades; I can barely see in a crimson haze. Dark knights' skulls, brains, and blood are all in front me. Fear replaces frustration. I need to get the heck out of here.

I pace around, mad at myself for losing it again. I throw a mighty fist against the wall. A large dent appears. I breathed a little; relieved that it didn't collapse into another hallway. I keep on punching it. At least, some help to get my rage under control, not in a healthy way though.

I can break free without your help.

I gasp and bounce back as rock caves in, leaving a large portion of the wall down. Luck is on my side; convenient sunlight of the new realm. There's no time to take notice of my surroundings. I need to escape before more guards walk in. The only thing I remember was being pulled into the portal, blacking out, only to find that the nasty jerk and his little Satan Spawns has already found me. I was knocked out and I woke up in their shithole. A stench of bodily fluids reeks in that prison cell so bad that Phil and Ella got sick. No one was noseblinded to it.

I walk out, embracing the light for the first time. Two stars rotate with each other on the horizon. The sky is a dark blue with auroras all around. It must be dawn or dusk. Starlight has blessed me with a very faint-looking city in the distance behind a very colorful forest. With no other options available, I begin running toward it. The forest may provide me protection for now. The more I run, the easier the anger fades.