WC| Chapter XXXVII: World-Breaking Fury

Part 2

Blathnaid

I use Netedinark's body as a shield as I plummet into a Mercury-size planet. We are two and a half light-years away from Uedie. He is half-baked by all of us and I added sand to the wound in a literal sense too. We are in another solar system that is still alive; there is a star with four planets. The closest planet to us is .06 astronomical units. With the lack of atmosphere, the planet is visible. Its surface is red and blue stripped. If the relationship was close as the moon is to the Earth, the planets would collide. My body feels heavy due to the planet's stronger gravity. Netedinark laughs weakly as he lies on the ground with a smirk. His power is drained because his ultimate attack failed and Naomi went crazy. His branches are lifeless.

"Saving me from your friend?" He laughs, "So afraid of her finishing it off?"

"I didn't do it for you. I was respecting her wishes."

"And that was?"

"Getting you off Uedie." I sneer at him.

"Do you know why?" He is still grinning.

"No!"

"It means, I can kill you ALONE!"

I go into defence mode as I back away. His branches come alive once again. We fight one on one. I use all my knowledge from Ourdera's training. Ourdera fights without the ground; she fights while floating, so the ground doesn't betray her. It is vital to worry about an opponent rather than surface chipping my skin away and breaking my bones. She can dodge an attack faster. She can recover instantly if she gets hit. She is so used to flying during wars that she automatically applies it during global wars. She does fool her opponent by floating very close to the ground that they thought that she's standing, not levitating.

Where are yo- I cut the telepathic linkage off. That is going to throw me off and I don't want to be distracted between the battle of life and death. I can block Netedinark's branches and combat while he can block mine. We are evenly matched.

But why do I feel like I am just overall distracting him?

"We have no intent of killing you, Netedinark. It's a shame you carried on," I said to him.

"But you've killed my people!" He retorts, "Why do you think I won't kill you?"

"You're the catalyst! You send your men!"

"You also send your spies, so-called Queen of Evanity!"

"True, but with no intent to kill! We just want this war to stop! Your people want this to stop! You have a choice to stop!"

"You think simple words will stop me?" He hisses, "Our people are slitting throats and selling their limbs, and you want to talk?"

"Lord Netedinark, we can end this with a treaty! Damn it!"

"Not a single word out of you!"

"Are you only out for yourself?!" I shout. My shout echoes without the atmosphere. It's not a warrior, but an angry human. "If we keep this up, all of us will be dead, and that includes YOU!"

He stops and looks up. We hear the rumbling sounds from the planet near us. We watch as black lightning appears all around it and we can see the planet's dust reaching toward us. The whole planet is coming here. It will hit us in less than a minute.

"Shit," I mumble.

Naomi is tearing up a massive world on a planetary scale. It's already breaking off into large chunks, electric charged chunks rain from the sky. She is sending the whole planet. She comes out of the planet with lava and rock. Her aura is black and full of lightning. The only colour is the beam of radiation. I doubt she is not going to stop for me.

And that's okay.

I let my body become a visible ghost. I look back at Netedinark. His smirk disappeared, realising the doom he put himself in. Do I dare save him? He invaded my home, possessed Ivelisse, took us to this universe, and brought us all the chaos involved. He tried to use my friends, did some unspeakable things to Naomi. The only way I am keeping him alive is for Teketa. Dominique tried to keep him alive. At this point, his wounds have almost healed, only for him to be crushed by a collision.

When she crashes, the radiation spreads outward, followed by darkness, followed by a shocking show. He flies several yards away from where he once stood. His body twitches as the electricity blows his branches apart and leaves him stunned. Naomi looks too far gone as the black lightning never ceases to exist around her. She has never been this heated and in misery before, not even from the first time I met her. She was there for me the most, helping me get through secondary school. Her anger was low once we planned our revenge on Megan. I never saw her in so much outrage. The chill Naomi was gone long ago. If I try to reach out to her and calm her down, she will stun me too if I touch her. She needs to let it out. The planet hurtling towards us is not just her burden; the burden from all of us that Naomi had to carry. It was all of our faults that Naomi had gotten to this point. She doesn't go to Netedinark and kill him in this state. She eyes him down. She doesn't need to attack; he is drained, seeing that he is already fricked.

I disappear and faze through the planet. I don't know if Naomi says anything to him while doing so. I watch the planets collide with a major shockwave that ripples through the inner solar system. Rock, lightning, lava, and lots of dust scatter all over the place beyond imagination. If the falling debris didn't kill him, the collision would finish him off. From my unroyal ways, this feels so uplifting and vengeful to see this.

"Blathnaid," I hear Ourdera's voice from all around me. She appears as large bubbles rise from the ruined planets and right next to them. Naomi and Netedinark in them out of commission. I'm appeased that they are in two separate bubbles.

"I-Is he dead?" I ask, trying not to sound like some evil cookie.

"No, just asleep. Both of them are."

Did he get hit by it though?

"I've been watching this entire time," she says to me.

"Pardon?"

"Netedinark broke the rules of the Cosmic Order and he is going to be punished."

There's no paper for the Cosmic Order, only the true Gods know.

"Oh. What about Naomi? She just destroyed two planets."

"No. There was no life on them. Most Gods are apathetic to Mortal Civilizations. If it was a God Civilization or higher, she would've been in worse punishment than Netedinark."

I imagine the worst damage if she snapped on Verantuvia or on Uedie. Uedie is already a lifeless planet now, but she would've killed those she cares about by accident. Our world wouldn't be kind if Naomi snapped and killed Netedinark. She will be arrested for murder. There will be people wondering what would've gone wrong while the others believe that she is a mad woman. They might ask her why she didn't call for help as if some hero would come and save her. Help is not always present in times of danger.

Perchance, she broke the laws, but Ourdera decided to not count them due to her suffering. She knows the Cosmic Order. If Naomi has to go through the punishment, she will probably lose it much worse. I don't want to lose my friend. At this point, I want this over. I want her to get help.

"Guess, I saved her life then."

Ourdera nods. "Wise choice, Blathnaid, and she saved herself."