I| Chapter XIII: Snow Hurricane

Naomi

I called my dad multiple times last night and this morning. I am getting impatient. I hope that he picks up because it's urgent. I am relieved that Ivelisse didn't act up for the rest of the night. The coven felt rejuvenated that she was acting like her old self; however, they're not a bunch of fools. He is part of the plan. The coven knows about it. They tell me that it's the blizzard interrupting our cell service, but I am sure he is ignoring them on purpose.

No, we're not sacrificing him. Don't even think about it.

"Nao, leave him a message," Blathnaid suggests, knowing that he won't answer my calls at all.

I exhale, trying not to bang my fist into the wall. After voicemail tells me to leave a message I said, "Father, please, come back. We figured out a way to cure Ivelisse. Please, dad, listen to me. I am so sorry." My tone turned sincere before hanging up. I sigh again, fearing doubt.

The blizzard has turned very harsh; snow is up to two feet and a third. The wind is pushing the already freezing temperatures into the negatives in Fahrenheit. We only have one more day until the blizzard stops, but Ivelisse's body will no longer belong to her.

"If he doesn't come or call back at dusk, we must continue without him," Ella notifies.

I nod and sternly look at everyone, "And I want everyone to keep an eye out and never drop your guard. Any hesitation will mark Ive's life."

"And ours too," Blathnaid adds.

The windows vibrate, along with the house rattling to the gust outside. It has been doing that for the past several hours. Ella told me the gust is up to fifty miles per hour. It's the most wicked weather I have ever seen in my entire life. London's weather is mostly fair and friendly, not the other way around. Crowds will be around in the city. Currently, the streets are vacantly in black and white. Mostly, white.

A shriek coming out of Dominique's mouth shot our heads upstairs. A shriek like someone is sawing her arm off. The scream never ended as we sprint to her aid. Her torso and head are sticking out of the bathroom door. She's still crying bloody murder. Our hearts drop to the pit of our stomachs. Everyone, including Ivelisse.

A grotesque creature on all fours with no eyes. It has a large slimy mouth with sharp teeth on all sides, eating her leg slowly. It notices us, drops our legs, and shrieks at us. Rick helps pick Dominique up and carries her away from the creature. I slam the door and block it from the outside. That vile creature scratches and bangs on the door, dying to escape. For safety measures, I enhance the door, making it hard to break before going down into the medical room. There are very deep bite marks in Dominique's leg, oozing a lot of blood.

"She needs surgery for it," Rick states.

"How are we going to explain that to the surgeons?!" Dominique asks in a shocked state of mind.

"Wolves?" Markus suggests.

"Why would a woman dare to leave the house in a wintery mess?" She retorts.

"Relax, Domin," Rick orders her, "Let's say you're a hermit that your house has been buried by the snow. You aimlessly wander into the woods and get your leg chewed off by wolves."

"Am I a hermit to you?" She snaps.

"We need to get you some help, Dominique, before the blood loss gets to ya."

"It already has! I can already see my vision fleeting."

I roll my eyes and let out a sigh as they argue back and forth. Dominique's response to us trying to get her to the hospital is putting her on edge. Guess what? I got another trick up my sleeve.