LA| Chapter VII: Ambush From Fire

The kids thought it was odd that a new-looking student came to school, sabotaged a student's reputation, and disappeared into the bathroom. No one knows who this new girl was. The students chalked it up as the ghost that haunts the school's bathroom near the science wing. They suspected it was the ghost of Esther Juller, the ghost that was attacked by bullies in the school bathroom. An underlying condition in her brain caused her to bleed to death easily. I only experienced lights flickering and cold spots in the bathroom when I was still in that school. I've heard rumours that they saw Esther appear in the mirror.

Blathnaid texted me the aftermath of our little revenge plot days ago. Megan was suspended for hitting and harassment. Her phone was also checked due to someone filing a complaint of her cyberbullying in a group chat. She was not allowed to be on her phone for the rest of the year and she was banned from being on the school's laptop. She lost her scholarship to a prestigious college in the U.K. She has to learn everything by hand now. People look at her differently finally. She's still popular, but in a different way now. Payback is a charm.

I lie on my bed. I can't sleep, even though it's 4:34 a.m. This is a new norm ever since the transformation happened. There's this feeling crawling around like a bed bug. A type of bed bug that sets off many alarms as it leeches off the human body. I can feel its cold slimy skin crawling against my neck, sucking my blood. It can't be seen, but it warns of what's coming.

Markus is coming. I must protect those who I love.

A fog appears in my room. I watch the fog manifest into G.G. Terri with a calm expression on his face.

"He is returning; I sense it," he informs me.

"I am aware," I said plainly. "I can feel it too."

I don't know where and when he is going to attack. I need to prepare because at any moment, he can come out and go a-wall.

"Are you gonna help again?"

"No promises to that, so unsure," he answers, "Stay safe and remember to take him out."

"I don't have promises on that either, but will try my best," I return the favour.

The following day, I invited Blathnaid and George over for some company. My dad is gone on another religious exodus again, but I don't know where. I am starting to joke about my dad being the Pope. Since I am a big girl and the only one in this apartment most of the time, I decided to slyly invite them over.

"Feels weird being here without your mom telling me to go away," George notes.

"It does," I agree, "I haven't had company over in a while."

I decide to veil my wings, knowing that George doesn't know what happened to me, only Blath knows.

"So how's school going for you two?" I ask.

"Calmer now, thanks," Blath winks.

"The usual," George implies while sipping soda, "How're the online courses?"

"Some classes are difficult while others are too relaxed. Get all weekly assignments done in one day."

"Can't believe that Megan acted that way the other day," George brings up.

"She's always been like that, George. You just didn't know," Blathnaid comments grimly.

"Maybe she likes you," I tease.

"She's gorgeous and all, but I am not into her," he admits.

"We all know she's gorgeous, George," I say with a laugh.

Then the doorbell rings. I give my friends the look, knowing I'm screwed.

"Hide!" I urge.

"Why?" George asks.