WG| Chapter III: Tensions Within the Family

"T'is place is comfy," Ivelisse says, wanting to cut the silence, "Don't y'all agree?"

"It is," Blathnaid replies. I see she is paying no mind to her question.

"'ow about you, Naomi?"

"It's not bad," I said. I give her more attention than Blath did.

"W'at about you, Dom?"

Dominique doesn't answer. The flowers on the window are more interesting than answering Ivelisse.

"Dom?"

"What?" Dominique turns to her with her arms folded, gloomy.

"Do you like t'is place t'at Bracus lent us?"

"It's alright..." Irritation breaks onto Dominique's surface, "Don't try to cover it up, Ive."

"Cover up w'at?" Ivelisse dumbfoundedly says. Big mistake.

Dominique gives her a dead stare while her arms drop to the sides. "Did you really forget why we are here?!"

"No...All I was askin' was a simple question. No need to bite my 'ead off," Ivelisse responds in a hurt tone, "I didn't know."

She turns angry, "Didn't know? Hah! We've warned you, Ivelisse! You are still in trouble and that's putting it very mildly." Cold and harshness dipped all over her tongue. Blathnaid and I watch in silence, letting her emotions manifest.

"I didn't know t'ey would follow me, Dom," Ivelisse belches out with an attitude. Her bubbly character is gone now.

"You're a smart girl with a brain. You should've thought these through!"

"Okay, I'm sorry."

"Apology denied! Blathnaid warned you! Ella warned you! Rick warned you! You've opened portals to the realms that are far more deadly than our own. You got possessed by them. Jonas and Renin were killed. Our house got destroyed. All of us got critically injured. Your body became totally inhuman. This list goes on! The little kid you babysat became an orphan, destruction of property, and we are stuck in this twisted world. All you can ever say is sorry?! The only good thing that came out of us was that Lucas was a dunce. Girl, you're not ready to take that magic on! You dismissed the leaders."

"T'en, I'll leave t'e coven," Ivelisse says, almost in tears. She is never going to let this go.

"Wise idea."

"Okay, enough," Blathnaid finally intervenes, "Should we focus on the problem at hand, instead of wasting energy on Ivelisse?" She sternly suggests.

"She is the problem!" Dominique argues, "We are in this mess 'cause of her!"

"She is no longer the problem; we will deal with her later. We need to resolve and get out of here first. Dominique, ease yourself."

Dominique sighs very heavily in disappointment. She walks away from the window, climbing up the vines to the second floor. "Fine, but she needs to stay out of my sight for now."

I both agree with Dominique and Blathnaid. Dominique has a right to be angry in this situation. Blathnaid knows this is not the time to throw fists at each other even when the one to blame is obvious, We are still in danger. All of this happened recently. Death, gore, and violence for the past two weeks. Honestly, Markus and I dealt with this with our whole lives. Ivelisse wasn't the one doing the killing with her own body, but she was still being hurt regardless. They were killing her. It was their intention to bring us here. Still, she invited them. A human mind can bear so much until it finally breaks.

Ivelisse walks away, into her room she picks down the hall. She is in tears and doesn't want to show us that. Blathnaid and I look at each other. She looks pooped, blowing a strand of hair aside. I feel the stress building up at the top of my back even when I can't feel pain.