WG| Chapter VII: Another One Gone and Another One Coming

Naomi

Day 6

Lovely soft tunes sing a background ambiance around the house. It uplifts the weight of everything bearing down upon our necks. I thank the lovely fairies for giving us gifts last night. It's been such a long week. A pleasurable moan escapes from Blathnaid's lips as she enjoys some tea that the fairies have given her. This is the first time I ever heard that from her mouth and probably the last. She closes her eyes and lifts her chin. She is at ease as the hot liquids from the reviving drink soothe any sorrow within her. She is drinking it like it is a magical potion that will cure any sickness inside her body.

"I needed this," she rejoices as she sips again. She looks at me and asks, "Will you like to try some?"

"No thanks," I decline while taking a bite out of the delicious fruit from the bowl, "I got my own fill here." The juices taste sweet and sour raspberry that converts into a tart cherry. It has a cool and light texture, lighter than water. It will float in a bathtub if I dare spit it out.

"I wonder what other gifts they have given us," Blathnaid says curiously.

"W'y isn't Dominique 'ere wit' us?" Ivelisse asks abruptly, "S'e s'ould've been up by now."

"She hasn't been sleeping for the past few nights. Let her sleep," Blathnaid replies.

"You can try to wake her up or check on her if she's alive," I suggest.

Ivelisse nods and heads into the hallway. I look towards Blathnaid and rush to her with a fruit in my hand.

"She's gonna kill her," Blathnaid whispers to me, hinting that what I said was a bad idea.

I choke down my grin. I know all the tension between Dominique and Ivelisse for the past few days now, but it's getting easier. I am not saying that Dominique is no longer mad at Ivelisse, but rather focusing on the task at hand. It will be better if we all are not at each other's throats.

"She won't," I reassure her and wink.

"Uhhhhh, guys, s'e's not 'ere," Ivelisse notifies, bewildered.

"Pardon?" I ask. We are all knocked down into a state of confusion.

"S'e's not 'ere!" She shouts in clarification.

Blathnaid sighs heavily and gets up from her comfy spot. She rushes over to Dominique's room. "Are you sure she is not hiding under the covers?"

"Yes, I'm sure!" She points to the blankets that are all thrown around, but there is no person in there. No person- No Dominique.

"Where the hell is she?!" Blathnaid demands.

"I don't know." Ivelisse shrugs.

Everything has gone downhill. We start searching for Dominique in the house. Where did she go? "Son of a bitch! We shouldn't left her alone once she mentioned about the strange dude throwin' rocks at her window," I fuss.

"This shows no sign of struggle," Blathnaid says as she investigates Dominique's room.

"So you are saying she jumped out the window on her own?" I assume.

"'er window is closed when I've entered," Ivelisse notifies.

I sharply inhale as I press my hands against my forehead, mind-boggled. It would be weird if Dominique jumped out the window and managed to shut it. I scan, feeling the auras around us. Gah! The plants around the house possess stronger auras than at home. I can only feel Dominique's energy as a small residue. She left hours ago. There is something off about her aura. It doesn't feel like human energy as much as it does anymore. A lightbulb shines in my head as I recall what Bracus said about the Lady of All Kind bestowing us with her gifts. Does it have something to do with that?