WG| Chapter XXVII: Emergency Rescue

Part 2: Rick

Aelen

"Now I see what they have done to you," I said out of pity while stepping out of fast travel. I go back into my demonic form. My sun eyes appear. Rick stands there shaking like a mutt about to lose his cool. He tugs on his chains and snarls.

"Stay still," I say to him while freezing him in place, "I am not going to make it more painful than it actually is."

"Ae-uh-Ae-len," he tries to talk. His voice is hoarse and raspy as if he isn't fed enough and taken care of.

"I can hear you. What do you want?" I ask him.

"Saaaaaaaaavvvvvveeeee meeee-"

A wretched scream from the damned erupts out of the blue. The ground shakes. Rick screams like a zombie. The veins in his arms pop out while he pulls at the chains. He breaks them. The muscle in his arms grew bigger. He screams again before charging at me.

"Stop it," I order, trying my freezing ability on him. He keeps on moving. He's immune now. Dominique's order is to keep them under control, but don't kill or hurt them. I crack my knuckles. "I guess I am knocking you out," I sigh, knowing the remorse will be here soon.

We fight like boxers in an arena. We are dangerously close to each other despite the room. He punches me in the stomach and shoulder, but I recover and punch him in the chest. The whole room trembles, throwing both of us off guard.

"What the hell?" I blurt and Rick clocks me to the face. I tumble to the floor. The shaking didn't end, screaming rocks the ground even more. Rick kicks me in the face, forcing me to lie on my back. My nose becomes clogged with blood that I blow out.

What is going on with the cell next to me? There's Ivelisse and Ella.

Ivelisse, subdue her! I call out urgently within the telepathic link.

I can't, she replies back helplessly. What does she mean that she can't? She is making these walls brittle and that's not helping. The dark ceiling cracks. Ceiling particles are raining down. Soon, a large fragment of the ceiling comes upon us.

I shout and tackle Rick to the side as he punches me in the gut. I breathe out more air than I actually should as we merely dodge the large debris. Dust covers the whole cell now. I look up. No sky, but the next floor above me isn't doing well either. The room keeps on rumbling to Ella's wrath.

Rick punches my cheek, I tumble to the floor. My cheekbones ache and throb madly. It won't be forgotten anytime soon.

If you don't, both Rick and Ella will escape. You have to knock her out, I yell into her head.

I side flip and quickly get up before Rick's foot stomps me into the ground. We go into another boxing fight as the world around us falls down as if it's all an illusion.

She's got me cornered, I-I can't. My head is loopy, she whines.

I forgot that none of the coven experiences telepathy as often or as intense in our connection right now. I dodge Rick's arm swing. I say to Ivelisse, almost saying outloud, For Pete's sake, Ive, snap out of it. Use your powers. Remember who you are, Remember who Ella is, She's not the enemy and never will.

The familiar rumbling came from up above again. Seriously, not this again. Before I can get us out of the way, Rick grabs me by the throat and throws me behind him as he steps back. The large debris falls on me. The explosion of misery cries as the debris crushes my body. There's no chance that I will regenerate now, but I might if everything stops shaking. I can't move anything. The only thing undamaged is my mind.