Short Stories

Illusion

I woke up to the sound of a door creaking. My head throbbed as I try to remember where I was. In a dimension, I have never been in before that had room for me. The Galaxy dimension. I didn't even know the Galaxy had its dimension... Or even had a place in this dimension for me. My back was facing the wall. He made a canopy bed for me with curtains that covered me in grey curtains. I had a window out to the dimension so I could see the stars. He didn't have much else in the room rather than a color scheme of grey, neon purple, pink and blue... I rolled over to the side and saw the door was wide open. Galaxy was in the room and he seemed to be... calm and collected after everything. It felt off of him. He went over to where Alex seemed to have fallen asleep in a chair. He gently kissed the top of her head and moved some hair out of her face. I looked at the edge of the bed to find that Elemental fell asleep leaning against the frame of my bed. He was watching over me.

"Dad- Galaxy what are you doing?" He looks at me and jumps back a bit in surprise. His face flushed a bit with embarrassment.

"Nothing. Nothing at all..." He looked away from me.

"It looked like you just kissed mom." I teased him a bit.

"Pretend you didn't see anything then. How are you feeling?" He went over to me and sat down making himself afloat a bit.

"Just fine." I lied to him. Everything hurt and ached, especially my chest where Origin Steve struck me. I never felt that weak before and I don't like it. I'm a powerful being who can change reality! I am not weak.

"Even Alex got hurt from Origin and died fighting him. Something tells me otherwise." He says calmly.

"It doesn't matter too much now... We couldn't do anything against him this time... If Alex did defeat him how could she not do it again this time." I said a little angrily.

"She exploded. It would have killed you and your brothers. If I tried doing that it would create a black hole." He explained. "He is the creator of most steves..."

"Most steves?"

"Yes, he created the chromatic steves... he created all steves except one line of steves..." He stands back up and looks at Elemental.

"What line of steves! Maybe we could find them and get them to help us fight Origin Steve!" I sat up and groaned in pain.

"We can't find them Illusion..."

"Why not?!"

"I'll explain in a second. Let me get these two in a bed first." Galaxy says. I stay quiet as he leaves the room with Elemental first, He came back quickly and then took Alex away. He then came back with something I didn't expect him to have. Books.

He took the chair Alex was sitting down in earlier and sat down. He opens one of the old books and reads it.

"You like reading?" I asked confused.

"Only when I need to... Sorry if I'm acting weird. This is kind of how I act when I'm alone..." He explains to me and turns the page.

"So why can't we find the steves that aren't connected to Origin Steve?" I asked curious about what he knew.

"Well... Let me tell you a story... one I haven't told anyone else..." He starts. I tilt my head.

"When I was created... I was not in space, I was here in the middle world... I was uh mostly... ugh..." He holds his head as if he has a hard time remembering. I was about to ask him if he was okay when he stopped.

"There was snow... A lot of snow. I was in a birch forest in the winter and in front of me stood a grey figure. I couldn't get most of their features, but I do remember they were no steve... Thinking about it now it reminds me of Alex... I know it's not her though. She told me a few things... her message kind of gets blurry in some parts, but I do remember a few things..." He runs his head and closed his eyes shut.