I Believe That's Mine

Author: Herminbean 

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Doctor Who

Donna is not happy about the Doctor's choice of relaxation location. However, a face from the future spices things up.

~

"There, didn't I tell you you'd have fun?"

"Fun? I've never been more stressed in my life!"

Donna stormed past the Doctor down the long hall in a huff. Around them the many monitors flashed with the words 'Excitement done safely', the official catchphrase of the Euphoriania business. Personally, the Doctor didn't see the point in the safety part, but when Donna had expressed her desire for an adventure that wasn't quite so dangerous this was the place to go. His past companions certainly hadn't complained.

Euphoriania was an extreme virtual reality experience that offered the latest in immersive adventures. Everything was totally fake and safe, and yet it gave the thrill-seeking experience without the need to put yourself in harms way. It was one of the most popular past times of this time zone. The Doctor could always spot the fakeness, but he enjoyed the way his past companions had squealed at the dragons or gasped when the rope bridge snapped. This time, however, Donna did not seem so impressed.

The Doctor trotted to keep up. "Stressed? But, none of it was real."

Donna flapped her hands around in frustration. "I know that. I knew it was all fake, but when tidal pool of lava sweeps over your head, those thoughts tend to leave fairly quickly."

"The lava wave was one of the best parts." The Doctor insisted.

"Oh, are you sure it wasn't the quicksand that homed in on your darkest thoughts and whispered them to you?" Donna snapped.

"Nothing wrong with self-reflection."

"Or maybe it was that...big...blob thing with the sixteen rows of teeth and...what the heck was that thing?"

The Doctor looked up thoughtfully. "Genuinely don't know. My theory is it was a glitch during early testing that they just kept in. We beat it though, didn't we?"

"I wanted a RELAXING time." Donna tugged at her clothing. "And what is with the ridiculous get up?"

The Doctor looked down at his own gear. "What? It's skintight projection clothes. It projects the correct clothing at the correct moment."

"Right, skintight. That's what I mean. Skintight might be alright for you..." Donna struggled to find a new word to describe the Doctor's figure. "...match-stick man. But for me...it doesn't exactly do anything for my ego."

The Doctor tutted and rolled his eyes. "Donna, don't let the little things drag you down."

"I'm not dragged down by the little things. I'm dragged down by one big thing and its because I'm dragging it around constantly myself." Donna slapped her behind, which she immediately regretted.

They came to the main reception and Donna stormed up to the desk. The green lady behind the counter looked extremely nervous as this storm approached her.

"I want my clothes back, please and thank you."

The green lady pressed a few buttons anxiously. "O...okay. Just need to scan your data." The lady stammered as she typed away. "Name please?"

"Donna Noble." Donna spat.

A light scanned Donna and in a flash of light, the skin-tight gear was gone, and Donna was back in her own clothes. Donna patted herself down to ensure everything was in order. She walked up to the counter and leaned in to whisper to the green lady.