The Unexpected Body

Author: lazybum89 

Platform: FanFiction.net

Type: Sherlock x Torchwood

A man is shot a few streets away from a recently processed crime scene. A DI, forensics member, consulting detective and Army Doctor respond. What happens when their corpse comes back to life?

~

The man fell to the ground with a thump, a bullet in his head. He was dead.

The man who shot him searched his body quickly, while he ignored the scream from the woman who had just turned the corner with a man – who immediately called 9-9-9 as a result – while he cursed at his luck.

Oh well, the shooter would be long gone by the time the police showed up anyway and it's not like he had to answer to anyone but his boss anyway.

He found what he was looking for – a flash drive – and took off, in the opposite direction of the screaming woman and the man who was calling for help.

~~

"And that's how it was done?" asked Lestrade, looking at the body, befuddled, before looking back at Sherlock.

"Obviously," said Sherlock in his usual voice when he has to deal with idiots.

"Remind me never to take candy from someone's nephew then. That uncle and aunt were vicious," said Anderson, staring at the unfortunate victim.

"It shouldn't be a problem for you, Anderson, you have none and you make children cry when you get within nine point one four four metres," said Sherlock, loftily.

Anderson scowled at Sherlock. "That's not true."

"That's not possible, Freak," said Donovan at the same time, glaring at Sherlock and moving to stand by Anderson.

Lestrade sighed. At least they saved their quarreling until everything was done. He started to direct the rest of the officers on the scene to start packing everything away.

"It is," countered Sherlock, barely looking at Donovan. "I conducted an experiment on it just last week. I blogged about my findings on -"

"Sherlock," John cut Sherlock off.

Sherlock looked over at John is askance.

"We have a thing," said John.

Now Sherlock looked confused.

Lestrade, however, looked relieved. Trust John to know when to step in and diffuse the situation.

"Thing? Please use the brain you went to university with, John, and elaborate," said Sherlock.

John rolled his eyes at his flat mate's tine, opened his mouth to respond but before he could, the radios that all the police officers were carrying chirped to life simultaneously and Sherlock's eyes brightened.

There was a bunch of police garbled code words to make sure the police were listening and then, "Possible shooting, one male victim, unresponsive. Witness saw the possible shooter headed in the southeast direction." Street names were provided as well before the operator asked for the closest unit to respond.

"No, Sherlock," said Lestrade at once, glancing at Sherlock and seeing how alive he looked at the possibility of a chase.

"We're the closest, only four streets away – its surprising none of us heard anything. We could easily be there in a few minutes, if we run fast," countered Sherlock. "We might even run into the suspect."

"All the more reason for you to stay away!" countered Lestrade right back.

Sherlock looked at Lestrade as if he were one step away from becoming the biggest idiot in the world.