A Familiar Face

Author: NicoDiAngeloLover7

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Harry Potter x NCIS

~

This wasn't something that Tony DiNozzo expected when the team realizes that he has a son, that is currently sixteen years old. And of course, he has a case he had to solve on top of that.

~

Tony had lost track of time due to the current case he was working on. It had all started with the morning finding out that a Marine Recruiter had been killed. Though he had been tasked a few days ago to fetch the bullet that was in a box of dolls. Something he didn't realize until after finding out the trajectory.

It had been back in Abby's lab that she had figured out that the Marine Recruiter had been sniped at. It was through her trajectory that she figured out by how long range the sniper must have been. Though they still didn't know what type of rifle it was. He had already checked out the warehouse with Gibbs and filed the evidence. They had figured out on how the sniper had shot at the recruiter. A single brick that could be removed from the wall. It was in the perfect place to take a shot at Gunnery Sergeant Freddy Alvarez.

But he was currently pulling an all nightery with Kate and Gibbs. He was trying to eat the Chow Mein from the Chinese restaurant. But was struggling because of the chopsticks. How did people eat this stuff with them? And there wasn't one blasted fork!

It was starting to annoy him, especially as hungry as he was. He was tempted to just use his fingers but knew Kate would say something. She already was trying to coach him on how to use the sticks. But he still wasn't getting it. Relax your fingers?

He ignored her snide comment about not being able to impress a girl. He didn't really care much about dating; it was more of a front to begin with. Force of habit when he was still a cop, even back in Peoria. Apparently, it worked a little too well because Kate believed that about him. And he wasn't about to correct her about it. He didn't need a woman in his life. It was already preoccupied with work and his son. Which there were times that he slightly wondered about Harry. Something was constantly happening, and he miraculously escaped danger each and every time.

He could deal with the muggle part of danger; it was the magic part he wasn't so sure about. He understood a lot about it, but there were things that he was left confused about. But that was Harry's world, though he was technically part of it due to being his father. Though he loved that Harry tried to involve him as much as possible. But there had been times that things had flown over his head. But perhaps the real reason was, he didn't want to have another emotional connection since Harry lost his mother. She had stayed with him the amount of times he had to move to each department. First meeting her before he had started in Peoria. She had been on an assignment as she requested the transfer to America. That was how he knew she had been originally in England. Some type of school she had gone to out there. Her eyes had hooked him in and brought up a conversation and it went from there. There had never been any other woman.

He had been married to her for several years. Her death had been the reason he had left for Baltimore. Too many memories back in Philadelphia. She had saved his and Harry's life. He could still remember the blood on his hands. But he had done his best to move past it and be there for Harry. So, he may have lost his wife, but Harry had lost his mother. But both of them had turned out aright. Harry had loved his school and it got easier as each day passed.

Even despite all of that, he felt proud of Harry. His son was sixteen years old and would graduate next year. He already had an apprenticeship that he did during the school year. Though he was still glad that Harry still wanted to hang around his dad. He knew a lot of teenagers had their moments that they didn't want their parents interfering with their lives. But Harry just wanted to spend as much time as he could with him. He couldn't help but treasure that. Maybe part of that was because he could only see Harry a few times out of the year. Usually that was around the Easter and Christmas holidays. Then of course, during the summer holidays while school was out. So, every moment meant the world to him.