Nightmare Child

Author: Kage kioku aji tenshi

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Harry Potter x ROTG

~

Harry never truly feared what dwelled in darkness, his entire life was filled with fear and his dreams were always nightmares of a high-pitched laugh and a horrible green light, so when the man came out from under his bed, he knows that this is the Nightmare King. All Pitch Black knows is that this child, this three year old is his only believer, his last dark light.

Harry

~

Harry didn't fear the monster that hid under the bed; in fact he thought the man was rather nice all things considered.

His aunt used to tell him when he was bad, because he never did manage to be good, that the Boogieman would come and take him away. Harry believed her, especially when the man came out from under his bed. The man had turned around in the small space and had seemed quite surprised to see Harry there.

Harry had looked up at the man until the man knelt in front of his cot; Harry's thumb in his mouth.

"Hello, little one." The man had said quietly, smiling a little.

Harry had pulled his thumb from his mouth. "Awr you hewe to ta'e me 'way?"

The man had frowned. "Why do you ask that?"

"Auntie said if I wasn't good the Boogieman would ta'e me 'way." Harry had whispered.

"I'm afraid I don't steal children, though I might make an exception."

Harry had felt hope fill him for a second. "Weally?"

The man's eyes dimmed. "I wish I could, little one."

"Oh." Harry stuck his thumb back in his mouth, sadly.

The man picked Harry up and cradled him in the small space. "Why were you bad?"

"'Lways bad. Bad boy, fweak." Harry had answered.

"Why are you a freak?"

"Don't know, but uncle 'lways says so."

"You are not a bad child, little one; can you tell me your name?"

Harry looked up into golden eyes. "Fweak."

The man's arms tightened around him for a brief moment. "Can I give you a better name, little one?"

"Otay."

The man looked into Harry's green eyes and smiled softly. "Angel."

Harry frowned in confusion. "Why?"

"Because you still Believe in me, my angel."

Harry smiled at the man.

"My name is Pitch Black." Sand began to take the form of a small horse on a chain of glass. "This is your very own Nightmare, if you ever need me, send her, she'll find me."

"Bad dweams?" Harry asked as the elder placed the chain over Harry's head.

"Yes, I don't deal in good dreams."

"No goo' dweams." Harry whispered, cuddling into the man's arms, hands tight around his sand horse.

Pitch froze, had the Sandman missed this child?

"Do you get presents on Christmas? Easter? Coins for teeth?" Pitch asked.

Harry shook his head, and reached for a jar of teeth, teeth that he had lost. "No faiwy, no pwesents, no bunny."