Here Comes the Snow

Author: WookieCookie

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: MCU x ROTG

~

Tony is a kid when he befriends Jack Frost. Tony is a teenager when he stops believing in the Winter Guardian. Tony is an adult when he sees him again.

~

Tony is four and he's special, because his father says so, because a Stark must be without flaws, because he's Howard Stark's only son, because failure isn't an option for him-

Because because because-

Tony is four and his mother is so proud of him for solving a simple algorithm. His father, not so much.

He needs to live up to an absolute perfection.

Tony is four and he feels kind of lonely.

~

Tony is four and he's celebrating Christmas with Jarvis and it is weird really. Jarvis is the house butler, but he feels closer to him than he ever does to his parents.

Jarvis smiles down at him to utter a 'Merry Christmas, Tony', in a hushed tone.

Tony asks for a bedtime story – he never gets one from his mother, let alone his father and right now they are across the globe, chasing something that's far more important than their own son – and Jarvis blinks, looking at him as a soft chuckle escapes his throat.

He tells Tony of a story about a boy, who loses his life in winter only be revived as one.

The boy is a wanderer, always passing through people and flying high in the wind, becoming one with the colorless part of the world.

His name is Jack Frost.

Tony is four and he thinks if Jack Frost is real, he must be feeling lonely just like him.

~

Tony is five and his father is so very disappointed in him. Not his mother. Never his mother because she's supposed to be this wonderful mother who always comforts her son after her husband's done with his 'lecture'.

If she really does care, she won't just stand aside to watch her husband nailing dismal strings of syllables into her son's head.

His father says, "You're too old to believe in this kind of crap. There's no such thing as Jack Frost or Santa Claus or-"

Tony blocks the rest of it.

He stares out through the gaps between the curtains and smiles.

It's snowing.

~

Tony is five and he gapes at the figure of a boy floating in the sky.

The floating boy-

(Judging by his appearance; perhaps he's not older than eighteen but not younger than twelve. He has silky-milk-colored hair, a thick top that hangs loosely around his shoulders and brown worn pants strapped against his legs)

-has a pair of beautiful crystalline-blue eyes. The wooden staff twirls playfully in his grip.

Tony blinks, mouth closed. He remembers Jarvis' description of the Winter guardian.

"J-Jack Frost?" Tony squeaks. He's real! I knew it!

The boy nods and grins. "The one and only. And another kid can see me." Jack Frost sounds so pleased at the revelation.