Bone of Metal (Strong and Brave) - Part 1 - The Prayer

Author: Kilameia

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Lucifer x Captain America

Lucifer went to Earth during World War Two. There, he ran into one Steve Rogers on his way to storm an enemy base all on his own. Well, he had to stick around after that. Years later, Lucifer receives a prayer and not long after that, aliens invade New York. It's the most fun Lucifer has had in quite a while.

~

2011

~

It was heaven, on Earth. Much better than the hell that was Hell. Lucifer wasn't eternally bored on Earth like he was in Hell. It was just one of those constants. Ash rained in Hell, and Lucifer was eternally bored down there. Bored and tired of being stuck in the damned realm.

The vacation to Los Angeles was doing him very good. So much freedom and fun to be had. Lux was thriving and so was the devil. Drinks, dancing, and all the entertainment he could ask for.

He was seated at Lux's bar, watching the many patrons enjoying the night out. Lucifer prided himself on giving people a good time, whether that be a safe place to let go or a more...intimate endeavor. He was carefree, yes, but he took care of the safety of everyone under Lux's roof.

Of course, the latest advancements humans had made were incredibly helpful. The hell loops all included so much interesting stuff nowadays, but seeing it all for himself was so much better. Seventy years and now there were mobile phones, cars were popular, and desire was everywhere. Yes, Lucifer was enjoying every second of it. Though maybe he could get out of this city and expand his horizons a little more...

Lucifer?

The devil paused, hearing the prayer. He knew that voice, but there was no way...Steve Rogers was dead. No human could survive a crash like that.

Uh, it's me. That was definitely his voice though. I have no idea if you're even gonna hear this. It's been seventy fucking years, damn it, and I'm not dead after all. You'd say I gave it my best shot. I, uh...Some SHIELD organisation woke me up. I don't know what to do. The world's changed so much. New York, it's...Bucky's still...I need help.

What excellent timing...Lucifer was certainly taking a trip to New York now. And taking his favorite demon along with him; he would need her expertise.

~

1943

~

Lucifer first came across Captain America in Italy. The devil had gone to Earth to investigate the war for himself, after the millions of souls that were arriving in Hell had grabbed his interest. Lucifer had landed in Europe and eventually made his way to Italy, where he came across Captain America in the forest. The man was alone with nothing but a stage prop and a wild hope that Lucifer hadn't seen before, so before he even truly processed it, Lucifer had decided to accompany him.

"Where are you off to, hmm?" Lucifer asked, following after the man uninvited. "All alone out here. There is a war going on, you know."

"I'm aware."

Curt. Well, Lucifer could deal with that. The captain had responded, that was a good sign. The devil just had to be persistent to get a real answer out of him.

"Does the walking flag with a matching shield have a name at all?"

"If you recognize the outfit, then you must've heard the name."

Lucifer scoffed. "I don't want that ridiculous stage name. You're out here alone, and with a mission, it looks like. You're not just the dancing monkey they want, are you? I want to know who they've been restraining."