I Know

Author: williamsangel88 

Platform: Fanfiction.net

SLASH, TWINCEST, HP AU! Haruhi wasn't the first to know the difference between Hikaru and Kaoru. What will happen when Harry shows up at Ouran for a special reunion? One-Shot!

Type: Harry Potter x OHSHC

Pairing: KaoruxHarryxHikaru

~

...England, 11 years before...

"Want to make a snowman with us?"

It was an innocent question from a four-year-old who wondered if the twins would play with her and the rest of the group. She couldn't understand why the two redheaded twins wanted to sit by themselves while there was so much fresh snow around them. They seemed lonely, sitting by themselves while the others were playing.

"Who are you speaking to?" they asked in unison making her startle a little.

"To the both of you!"

The twin redheads stared at her impassively. "There isn't anyone named 'both of you' here," they said again in unison.

It filled the little girl with confusion. "To Hikaru and Kaoru of course!" she replied while trying to gain strength from her own determination in knowing how to pronounce their names right.

"Then which of us is Hikaru and which is Kaoru?" the twins asked with unimpressed looks.

The little girl hesitated, not sure who answered to which name. She gave up without answering and ran back to the group of playing children. The twin redheads looked slightly put out. They had hoped she would have known how to tell them apart, but they guessed that it was impossible after all.

"You are Kaoru, and you are Hikaru!" a soft voice interrupted their depressed thoughts and they both startled. In front of them stood a small boy, shorter than any of the other boys playing in the snow, and he had raven black, messy hair. Startling green eyes looked at them sharply, hesitantly. The twins recognized the British boy who always wore ratty clothes to school and was often bullied by the other boys in their class. They had often heard his cousin Dudley complaining about Harry, that he didn't belong with them and shouldn't be allowed to play with them. The twins had yet to see the raven head respond to any of his cousin's bullying with anything but silence.

"How do you know?" the twins asked, curious about how this outcast had known.

Harry tilted his head slightly as if he was thinking. "Hikaru's voice is slightly softer, and Kaoru likes to talk more. You both like to play difficult games though."

It was true, the twins realized. Kaoru spoke more often because he was more confident in his English language skills; it was probably why Hikaru appeared to have a much softer sounding voice. But there must have been more though, they thought. More things that let Harry know how to keep them apart. And for the first time in their short lives they had found someone they wanted to speak to, spend time with and to play with.

When they opened their mouths to reply, an almighty bellow could be heard from behind Harry. "Oi freaky Harry!" Harry froze but remained facing the twins. They could see his green eyes widen in fright making him resemble an animal caught in the headlights. The twins looked towards the playing children and saw Dudley standing there with a scowl on his pudgy face. He looked furious when Harry continued to ignore his shouts and suddenly a snowball flew in their direction. The twins were surprised at how accurate Dudley had been able to throw the snowball and frowned when Harry winced as if in pain. A small stone suddenly landed at the raven head's feet.