Falling Into a Family

Author: beatlechicksteph 

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Harry Potter x Avengers

Tony crash lands in Tennessee after The Mandarin's attack on his home. As he's trudging through the snow, he meets a woman and her kids.

Pairing: Hermione/Tony

~

**CRASH**

Tony cringed as he bounced across the snow crested ground as his suit crash landed him. He had been unconscious up until about a minute ago when the suit began a rapid descent into the ground. After a minute, he was able to regain his composure and sit up. His suit was definitely on the fritz.

"JARVIS," he managed to croak out. "Where am I?"

"Tennessee, sir," JARVIS replied.

"What the hell am I doing in Tennessee?" Tony asked.

"When you were researching the Mandarin, you had these coordinates programmed into the computer. When your home was attacked, the suit brought you to safety to the last location you were searching."

"Got it. Where's the nearest town?"

"About five miles west."

Tony looked around, and sighed. There was a good foot of snow on the ground, and he was definitely not dressed for the snow. He stood up, took his suit off, and managed to create a makeshift rope out of what he could find around him. And then he set out to try and trudge his way through the snow to town.

He had been walking about twenty minutes when he was pretty sure the cold was already going to his head. If that was a thing. He was watching as a woman holding the hands of two small children was walking toward him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. And then when he opened them he almost breathed a sigh of relief to see that they were still walking toward him.

He decided it would be nicer if he would just walk over to her and meet her halfway.

"Hello," he greeted, lifting his hand up in greeting.

"Hullo," the woman greeted, her voice surprising him. He was not expecting a British accent in rural Tennessee. "Are you alright? We were outside admiring the clear night and the stars when we saw you come shooting across the sky and crash land. My son instantly recognized you as Ironman and insisted we come and make sure you're okay."

"You could tell I was Ironman as I streaked across the sky?" Tony asked.

"You were not very high by the time you crossed over our home," the woman stated. "And your suit is very recognizable."

"I'll give you that. You live close by here?" he asked.

"Just up here," she said. "Are you alright?"

He found himself shaking his head. "No, I'm not. My home in Los Angeles was attacked earlier today, and my suit decided to bring me all the way out here to save me from it. My suit is not functioning properly. And did you know it's cold out here? Because I was in LA just a few hours ago, and I am not dressed for snow."

The woman laughed. "Yes, I'm very away of the snow."

"We built a snowman!" the little boy said from beside the woman.

"A giant snowman! Mummy used her-" the little girl piped in.

"Imagination," the woman cut in. "Mummy used her imagination."

Tony raised his eyebrow. That was not what the little girl was going to say, but he didn't have the energy to try and figure out what she was hiding. He was too cold for that.