Bros in Space

Author: Hinn-Raven

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: DC X Doctor Who

~

Jason Todd has been recruited by a mysterious curly haired stranger called River Song to save the universe...they just need to make a few pit-stops along the way. Or, "Jason Todd stared at the woman holding him at gunpoint, and suddenly wished for pants."

~

Jason Todd stared at the woman holding him at gunpoint, and suddenly wished for pants.

He was in the small bedroom of his rundown apartment, and, since it was summer, Jason was wearing only Wonder Woman boxers beneath the tattered sheet.

"Can I help you?" He asked, trying to be polite as one can be when awoken at three in the morning (after going to bed at one) without coffee.

"Jason Todd, right?" The woman asked. She was a very dangerous looking woman, with a ridiculously thick mane of blonde curls. She looked to be in her forties, but something told him that guess was a bit off. Her smile was deadly, and the way she held the strange, futuristic gun, told him that she was used to using it, and not just on a gun range.

"I think," he said slowly, wondering if he could slip his hand under his pillow for his knife. "This is the part where I'm supposed to say something cliched about you having me at a disadvantage on the names front." His heart was racing slightly. Only members of the Bat Family knew his name. Well, that wasn't exactly true. Others in the hero community knew, but only those that Bruce trusted (or, for a slightly larger list of people, Dick). It was kind of a shame within the super community; that one of them had gone bad, had broken like he had. That he'd Come Back Wrong. But he was pretty certain that this woman wasn't a hero, not with hard eyes like those. But then, he could be wrong.

She flashed a smile at him that was part flirtatious, part deadly. He liked her. "I'm Doctor River Song," she purred, her eyes looking at the pillow where his knife was hidden. "And I'm told you're the person to talk to about dimension travel."

He blinked, stupefied by her casual knowledge of his adventure during the Crisis. If his identity was a close, dark secret, his adventures with Donna and Kyle were even more so. This woman knew a lot of things, and it was unnerving. Jason wished for the security of his helmet, of the weight of his holsters, of the feel of his leather jacket. He felt exposed, pinned down under her gun and her gaze. He hated it, hated this woman with her ability to find him, despite the fact that no Bat had for six months, while he tried to heal his broken psyche and move on with his fucking life.

"I'd ask how you know that," he said quietly, "But I'm doubting you'll give me a straight answer, so I'll move straight to the what you want to know, and how we can avoid this conversation ending with anyone getting hurt."

"You know, I always thought that you were smarter than people made you out to be," she smiled, lowering her gun slightly.

"What people?" He snorted, surprised that anybody had said something about him other than Bat shit crazy or dangerous fucker.

"Oh, people," she said vaguely. "Contacts, you know." Her smile was sly.

Jason raised his eyebrows. "Alright then. Now, dimensional travel...?" He trailed off, letting her pick up.

"Not exactly travel. If, say," her voice was hard now, her gun pointing directly at his forehead., "I said that if you don't help me stop Barry Allen from travelling back through time, you will end up in an alternate universe where Talia al Ghul kills her son, Donna Troy, Cassandra Cain, Mia Dearden and Stephanie Brown don't exist, and Alfred Pennyworth makes bad waffles."