#Believing Is Seeing - Part 1

Author: Sakurademonalchemist

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Rise of the Guardians

~

His name is KingOfFrost, or just Fr05t for short. He's a legendary hacker who dominates the online MMO's...and he's not even human. Jack Frost, the spirit of winter, decides to do something about the lack of belief in him and picks up a laptop. However, Jack is less than amused when the Guardians suddenly decide to call on him to deal with Pitch Black.

~

Jack had originally dismissed the internet when it was first introduced. As a spirit, he didn't really have much interest in mortal fads. Plus, he still had no idea how to read, so that pretty much put a massive damper on the whole thing.

When it started to grow in strength and ease of use, he looked at it with mild interest. Like one would a rather interesting flower or dish.

Then he discovered something that had him sneaking into a computer store to 'buy' a laptop and certain programs. Of course he couldn't do it normally, since the whole "invisible to the living" thing made it impossible to purchase anything...but he did leave more than enough compensation for the device he took and the programs.

The next year was a game of trial and error, but the fact he could now claim he was able to read more than made up for it. It was like he was a dried out sponge that had been thrown into the ocean...he eagerly soaked up all the things he had never been able to enjoy before once his job handling the winter season was over.

So long as he brought the cold weather, no one really paid attention to what he did.

Considering no one actually believed in his existence, Jack decided to play a little trick via the message forums and multiple usernames to see if that did anything.

He almost fell off his staff in shock when the humans were able to see him, however briefly. Sure, they were a bunch of bored and stupid teenagers, but it was the most interaction he had with the living in centuries.

All because of a little "internet myth" about a winter spirit that went by "Jack Frost", along with the most bare minimum description.

Excited, Jack realized he finally had a way to garner belief. With enough of it, people would spread his name to the point they wouldn't walk through him anymore!

Now...he just had to pick a name.

~

Jack had to giggle every time he thought of his username.

Jack_Fr05t, or simply "Frost" for short.

What had started out as a quest to learn how to read had spiraled into a way to kill his boredom during the months outside the winter season. Mother Nature really didn't care what the seasonal spirits did so long as they performed their duties and didn't interfere overly much with the duties of the other spirits. She was pretty much hands-off in that regard, which was both great and frustrating.

So long as he brought the winter cold around the earth, he was free to do what he pleased the rest of the year.

He was sure the other spirits, especially Summer, was wondering what new prank he was up to, considering he allowed winter's chill to vanish a little early for the past two years.

The simple truth was that he had become fascinated with the internet, and now that he knew how to read he had started 'surfing' the web whenever he had the chance.

He was flying over the arctic when he spotted it. One of those funny moving pods that the human scientists were using to study the ice and cold.

He sometimes liked to observe them, because very few people liked his element and by extension, him.