In the Vents

Author: MWolfe13

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Harry Potter x MCU

~

He keeps ending up in the vent to her office, and Hermione just wants to get her reports done in peace.

~

Hermione was diligently working on the report due to the Wizengamot next week when she heard it.

Grunt. "Fucking Wizard. Where the hell am I?"

Her eyes strayed to the vent near the ceiling, eyebrows raising as more curse words echoed through the metal slats. Sighing in irritation, because one of the boys must have gotten annoyed with an Auror recruit and sent them to her so she could terrorize them, Hermione rose from her seat. Wand in hand, she used careful movements to pull the vent cover from the opening. "I have no time for this! You tell those two idiots-"

Hermione felt magic flare, sparkling light emerged from the vent, and then the cursing Auror was silenced. Frowning, she flicked another spell in his direction, taking a step back when nothing was revealed. She shook her head in annoyance, and then promptly forgot about him when the old fashioned alarm clock let her know she was running late for a meeting.

He appeared again the next day. The resounding slam startled Hermione from the same report she'd been trying to work on yesterday. The same voice groaned in pain. Huffing, she called out, "Again?"

There was a pause, the man cutting his noises off abruptly. Hermione heard him turn in the tiny space; the vent wasn't that spacious. "Who are you?" The voice was laced with suspicion.

She honestly had no time for this. Didn't they know her schedule was full until the next Wizengamot session? "You knew precisely who I am. Tell your trainers I don't appreciate this. I'll go to George for revenge. They'll never see me coming."

"What are you-" The same thing as yesterday happened, and the man was gone before he could finish his question. Hermione resolved to send the boys a stern note when she had the chance. She was not the Auror Department's nursemaid.

Later that evening, she was seated at the small table in the kitchen of her best friend's flat. She stared at Ron and Harry incredulously. "What the bloody hell do you mean, you haven't sent anyone into the vents?"

Harry shrugged. "Just that, Mione. We know how much this bill means to you. We wouldn't interrupt like that. Why do you think we haven't invited you out to lunch?"

Her shoulders slumped; tea forgotten in her confusion. "Well, then, who the hell is in my vents?"

Ron spoke with his mouth full of the sandwich he'd prepared. Hermione screwed her mouth up in disgust, Harry looking away at the display. He waited until his food was gone before repeating, "We can be there with you tomorrow if you want. Catch this guy before he gets away."

She sighed. "That's alright, Ron. Hopefully he won't show up again.

That was not the case. To her dismay, the same slam and groan came while she was meeting with Kingsley and the current Chief Warlock. She quickly cast a silencing charm behind her back, fighting the red that was trying to creep over her face.

Both men cast a startled look towards the ceiling. "Is everything alright, Miss Granger?" Kingsley asked.

She nodded. "Yes, of course." She shifted their attention to the papers in their hands. "As I was saying..."

Once the men had left, she canceled the charm. Immediately, an off-tone voice filled her office with a vaguely familiar rock song. The singing came to a halt when he could hear himself again. "Finally."