Dinner and a Show

Author: Mariteri

Platform: Fanfiction.net

Type: Harry Potter x Blacklist

It's the anniversary of the Final Battle and for the first time in years, Harry and the others are going to the Ministry of Magic's Ball. Hermione needs a date and finds out that the function is more than just a party – but it's a dinner where she and her date are the show.

~

The anniversary of the final battle had always been one that she dealt with on her own. At the very most she would go up to Scotland with Harry and several others and they would proceed to get drunk on the best money could buy. But no, not this year. It was decided to go to the Ministry event, as they were going to be donating a large sum of money to the orphanage that Harry sponsored.

If not for that, Harry wouldn't be going at all. And since he had asked, others of their friends were attending as well. This left Hermione in a bind. Ron had asked her to go as his date and she had declined, as she didn't want to be going anywhere with him let alone that. This wasn't the bad part. No, it was the fact that she had told him she had an escort to the event already.

Hermione's only date that night would have been with a bottle of scotch and a pint of ice cream with chocolate covered digestives on the side. All in all, not the kind of date he was referring to in the least.

As it was she started with the ice cream early, inviting Victor over to share with her as she dished on what was going on.

"So like a little fool, I told him I had a date," she muttered, staring at her ice cream. "I don't know what I was thinking."

"That you didn't want to start trouble," he murmured. "Milochka, you are worrying over nothing."

"I know, but I just don't want Ron coming over to me later on and being such a prat about it,": she told him. "He'd tell the others I'd lied about having a date if I showed up without one."

Victor nodded to this, taking the ice cream from her and putting it away. "But that won't be the case."

"It won't?" she asked him. "Why not?"

"Because you are going to have a date," he said.

"But Severus has a date and you're going to be working that night," she replied. "You just told me that."

"I know, but you'll have a date." He winked at her. "You'll see."

"I'm not going with Goyle," she muttered, gaining her a laugh from her friend.

"No you are not," he said, still smiling.

She rubbed her eyes, murmuring, "Perhaps I should tell them I'm getting emergency surgery or something."

Grinning he tilted her face up towards his own. "You, my little love, worry too much when you do not sleep as you should. To bed with you."

"The celebration is tomorrow," she stated, as she got to her feet.

"I know," he replied, following her over to her room.

She climbed into bed, Victor pulling the bed clothes over her. Hermione looked over to him, her steady brown eyes studying him quietly.

"Why you should put up with me when I'm being such an awful ninny, I'll never know," she said quietly.

"It happens so infrequently that it is tolerable," he assured her. "Good night, Hermione."

"Leka nosht, Victor," she breathed, as she slipped into slumber.

He left her room, taking his mobile phone out and making a call.