Chapter 13: Turn up

Merry Christmas (Eve)

As I said on one of my chapters in my previous story (Shot in Love and Crime), I'd be writing Christmas specials, which I have. One is up now and is on Antiheroes, a Christmas Eve chapter. Tomorrow evening a chapter will go up on Gods. So be sure to check them out.

(Do it or I shoot Santa's reindeer)
_________________________________________
Dream POV.

“Where the hell is he?” I grumbled quietly, tapping my fingers on the table impatiently. “I need these fucking phones delivered before lights out, he’s meant to be here.”
“Language Dream!” Bad responded, glaring at me from where he was sitting beside Skeppy with their food. “Maybe he’s just late?”

“How the hell could he be this late to dinner?” Punz questioned, raising an eyebrow as he did. “I mean maybe he’d miss breakfast if he slept in, but dinner… never.”
“Maybe he pulled a fucking prison break!” Quackity guessed, and I immediately felt eyes on us as he mentioned those last two words, not that he seemed to care.

“If he wants our protection then he should be here.” I spoke lowly in an agitated tone. The phone was still sitting in my pocket, usually by this point I would have been able to slip them into George’s pocket for him to get rid of, but tonight I couldn’t.

It wasn’t a good quality phone, just your standard mid-2000 flip phone. I only offered these because it was much more expensive for a cell phone and the only thing people used it for was a way to communicate with the outside (family and friends). Plus, all the features on better phones like getting games or social media required wifi, which we didn’t have access to, I'm pretty sure that's a human rights violation.

Dinner was almost over, the majority of the prisoners had all headed off to do their own things and I had given up hope. Our entire group was waiting on the off chance that George might show up but it seemed unlikely, so I decided to just move on with the delivery without him. “Quackity,” I eventually stated, getting everyone's attention.

“Yes Dream?” He responded, his eyes watching me intently, mostly because they were all worried about what I was going to do.
“I want you to deliver this to Cell Block B, Aaron Hotchner. You know who he is right?” Quackity nodded and so I continued. “Take this to him.”

I slipped the flip-phone out of my pocket and passed it under the table to Sapnap who was beside me. The ravenette passed it along to Punz who was beside him, and finally it got passed to Quackity. After it had been pocketed he stood up and got rid of his tray of food before hurrying out of the mess hall to do as I asked.

Once he had left the rest of us did the same, standing up and getting rid of our stuff before leaving to do our own things. I immediately began a beeline for George’s cell, planning on interrogating him and finding out why the hell he didn’t turn up.

Sapnap ran behind me, planning on following me all the way to George’s cell it seemed. I began trying to come up with what to ask the brunette once I found him. To figure out where he was, why he wasn’t keeping up with his end of the deal that was made.

Most of the inmates who saw myself and my best friend walking past stood to the side, knowing it was best to avoid me, especially regarding the mood I was in. From behind me Sapnap seemed to be shooting everyone apologetic looks, but I didn’t really care about what he was doing.

Unlike most of the other cells, where people were chatting loudly to each other, George’s was silent. I stood in the doorway for a moment, seeing him curled up on his bed with his head tucked under his arms. His blanket was pulled up, covering him almost completely. Sapnap looked over my shoulder and took in the same sight I was taking in.