Chapter 10: Transfer

George POV.

The days Techno had left before he transferred were much too short. It felt like all of the days in the prison started going faster. The showers, the meals, the job, and sleeping, all of it felt like it was going faster.

And finally today was the day. The day he was being transferred to another prison in another part of the country. Meaning that I was going to be here on my own from now on. Techno had been watching me cautiously for the past day or so, seeing how stressed out at the thought of being left alone without him.

This morning after we had both woken up, he told me about when he would be leaving, which is after we finished breakfast. I had been trying to delay the inevitable for as long as possible, even though it was selfish, but now there was only half an hour until breakfast was over and Techno would be leaving.

All of his belongings in the cell had been stuffed into a duffel bag provided by the prison guards last night, including a pack of cards and a notebook because most of his belongings actually belonged to the prison. I watched silently as he did this last night, sitting on my bunk and felt a sense of dread washing through me at the thought that tomorrow I’d be alone.

“Come on George,” Techno smiled, watching as I sat on my bunk with a pitiful expression on my face. “They’ll stop serving breakfast soon, if we want to eat we need to go.”
I nodded, moving over the ladder and wordlessly climbing down with his eyes focused on me the entire time.

“Yeah, I’ll come to eat.” I said when I was beside him on the floor, and the two of us walked out of the cell without another word between us. Since it was later in the morning than we usually get up, a lot of people were hanging around in the corridors, all just talking with each other, and I noticed that I was getting a lot more attention than I usually did.

As I walked past some people I heard a wolf whistle from behind me, however I had grown almost insensitive to it and so I just lowered my head and sped up slightly. Techno however was having none of it, turning around to glare at the group. “You better shut your fucking mouths or they’ll be shut after you need stitches put in.”

But the group just laughed, which was unusual compared to how they usually reacted around the pinkette. “We ain’t fucking scared of you anymore Techno!” One of them yelled. “You are leaving in a couple of hours and then he’s fair game.”

“Do you really crave death this fucking badly.” Techno snarled, beginning to stomp over to the man threateningly. “Because I swear to fucking god that I’ll-”
“Techno.” I cut him off, walking back to grab his arm. “Didn’t you want to go get breakfast?” I reminded him.

For a moment he didn’t do anything before eventually nodding in agreement. “I guess I could eat before I leave.” He said quietly, so that only I was able to hear him.
As I turned I continued to hold his arm, not wanting anything bad to happen right before he was meant to be leaving.

The two of us continued with the cat calls beginning to pick back up again. “Tomorrow morning when Techno is gone you can be touching me like that sweetheart!” One of the men hummed, I saw Techno pause for a moment but I nudged him forward before he got the chance to do anything. I just reminded him that breakfast was almost over and we continued on.

It was clear that the pinkette could see how nervous he was, and so he put his hand on my shoulder to reassure me. “Don’t worry.” He said to me quietly. “Tomorrow you will be under Dream’s protection and he is just as feared as I am. They won’t be able to touch you.”
“I don’t trust Dream though.” I responded quietly.

The blond made me nervous. Heck, it seemed that he made a lot of people nervous. Techno had told me that he has the biggest black market business in the prison, being able to get anyone anything. And by anything he really meant anything. He could get phones, drugs, porno mags, apparently he once even smuggled in a dog for someone.

“You can trust Dream.” Techno reassured me. “He’s not an asshole like the rest of these guys… well he is, but in a different sense. He wouldn’t let any of these shitheads have their way with you. Besides, he does keep to his word.”

I listened quietly to what he was saying and nodded reluctantly. Techno had done nothing but help me the entire time, so if he said that Dream was trustworthy then I guess Dream must be trustworthy. At least I hoped that as we walked into the mess hall..

All of the tables were full of inmates. Most of them would arrive at breakfast early and then spend the hour being able to talk to their friends before being dragged off to their morning routines. We wordlessly walked over to where the food was being served and since we arrived so late there was no line.

That was something I was grateful for, when I did stand in the line there’d always be men standing behind me and ogling my ass. However, something I wasn’t grateful for was the fact the table Techno and I always sat at had been taken by some other inmates who didn’t even spare a glance in our direction.

I couldn’t come up with any other places to sit and so just watched Techno quietly as his gaze drifted over the room. His eyes caught on someone, but at the minute I wasn’t really paying attention to who. Eventually he sighed and began walking over in the direction of the table with me silently walking with him.

He sat down without a word and that’s when I realised who it was that he sat down with. It was Dream and some of his friends. The entire table was full except for one seat, which just so happened to be between Techno and Dream. I reluctantly sat down and saw Dream glancing over at me.

“You ready to start working this afternoon?” He questioned, leaning over to me so that his voice was clear to me but not anyone else.
However Techno did hear, and when I glanced over at him to see how I should be reacting he was just watching me.

The pinkette nodded at me in reassurance and so I turned to look at the blond and answered quietly with a simple ‘I guess’. It seemed that he wanted to start up a conversation with me but he didn’t get the chance as I turned my attention to the food in front of me and began focusing on that.

But it went by too quickly. Within five minutes I finished my food, however I kept staring because I didn’t want to speak to anybody at the moment, despite the group attempting to talk to me several times.

When I finally did look up it was because Techno was standing, the entire group was watching him and I quickly followed after him before noticing that Dream was doing the same. I attempted to ignore the fact as I made the gap between myself and the blond inmate as far as possible and hurried in the direction of our cell in pace with the pinkette.
_________________________________________
1289 words