Dean Mans Blood Pt 2

When we got to the motel, I did my best to stay out of everyone's way. It worked out well. At one point, the boys got tired. Dad said he was gonna stay up and listen for anymore clues on the radio. I also got some shut eye, and slept beside Dean. Typically, I would have curled up and held onto him, but with dad watching, I decided against it. But, he was still close enough to be comforting. 

"Sam, Dean, let's go," I heard dad say. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I watched dad put a coat on, he must have found a lead. "Picked up a police call."

"What happened?" Sam asked, still trying to wake up. 

"A couple called 911... they found a body in the street," Dad explained. "Cops got there... everyone was missing... it's the vampires."

"How do you know?" Sam questioned. 

"Just follow me, okay."

I started to stand up and reached for a coat. Dad grabbed my wrist stopping me. I looked up at him. I felt the boys behind me now.

"What's going on?" Dean asked, more to dad then me. Dad gave him a glance.

"I don't think this one should come," Dad stated, his grip getting tighter. "She'll just be in the way."

Sam reached forwards, pulling me back from dad. He released my wrist and I stumbled back.

"She's fine, dad," Dean argued, grabbing my jacket for me. "Believe me, she's been a lot of help these past few months." He handed my the coat, but I didn't put it on just yet.

"Dean, maybe he's right..." I stated, not wanting to cause a scene right now. 

He looked over at me. "No, you're coming with us," He stated. "I don't want you alone in the motel room, okay." 

He gave dad a look. "Let's go." 

Dad got his truck and we followed behind in the impala. 

"Maybe I should have stayed back," I mumbled.

Sam turned around. "Cheyenne, you know you are a good hunter, we want you to help," he explained. "Just... stick with one of us, alright?"

"Sam's right," Dean agreed. "Plus, I can keep an eye on you and dad this way."

We got to the scene where the car was abandoned. Dad went to talk to the police, getting some new information. He didn't let Sam or Dean go with him. He's always been a bit of a control freak.

"I don't see why we couldn't have gone over with him," Sam stated, watching as dad walked over to us. I stood in the middle of the boys. 

"Oh, don't tell me it's already starting," Dean sighed. I knew it was only a matter of time before Sam and dad fought.

"What's starting?" Sam questioned. Dean turned his attention to dad, not answering Sam. I shrugged my shoulders, but didn't say a word.

"What do you got?" Dean asked. 

"It was them alright," dad stated. "It looks like their heading West... we have to double back to get around that detour." 

"How can you be so sure?" Sam questioned. This is always how it started, Sam questioning dads ideas. 

 "Sam.." Dean stated, trying to get Sam to quiet.

"I just want to know we're heading in the right direction," Sam argued. He looked back at dad.

"We are," Dad assured him.

"How do you know," Sam questioned. Dad reached into his pocket, pulling out a small object.