2

He chuckles. I don't mind the man anymore as I keep walking the number 109 and my eyes fixate on Ms. Gorgeous. Freen is nothing like I imagined. She is not fat, totally not nerdy ,she doesn't wear glasses and casual clothes either. Indeed, she is the goddess that I've never seen anybody who is as beautiful as her in my entire life.

- Send  a copy of proposal to my office.

Goddamn it! Her voice is deep, firm, high-class, and of course bossy. What do beautiful people always go with a beautiful tone of voice?

Wait a minute, does she mean my copy - the proposal? She's gonna read my copy! I feel my heart beating fast in my chest, wondering what will be in her mind when she reads my copy. And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off her. My eyes follow her every step until she stops at the door, scanning her card, turning her back to close the door. Before she enters the room, her Big brown eyes meet mine in a brief moment.

As I sit down next to Noey in the number 109 table,  I sigh.

- life is not fair!

- say what?

- Ms. Freen is this gorgeous, smart and rich, while I look like a bag , ugly, poor and worst is I let life drive me the way it wants.

Noey chuckles at my joke as he say I'm funny.
Well, I'm not really that desperate about my life. To a point , I am satisfied with it, except for the fact that I have critical financial prombem and I cannot pursue my dream. Oh not really "small" problems you might think, but I think positive about the future. As long as I work here, my financial problem will be solved cause one-month salary in Posix is roughly a one-year salary working as a seasonal singer in Blackbird, singing from 9pm till midnight. And about my dream, I gave it up since Ritchie was born. Singing now is just a hobby to me, and I will do anything to make sure Ritchie is brought up with the best I can.

While Noey and I are discussing, Jim  comes to our table.

- Becky, Ms. Freen wants to see you, immediatel.

- About my copy?

- Sorry but I don't know. Just come, don't make her wait. - Jim smiles for assurance and signal me to stand up and follow her. I immediately do as she requires.

- I will be back later. - I talk to Noey.

I have a gut that something not really nice is going to come,  Yuri tells me that I only meet her in that room if I do something wrong. But my copy is good, I think. There is no reason that it turns out to be bad, I put a lot of time, energy and effort on it. And for 4 years studying at SU, I always got As  and A+ for my essay.

Maybe she calls me cause she wants to see who writes that copy.  It could be such a good copy that she wants to find out who wrote that, right? She knows everyone in her team and there is no one writing like me, and she gets curious.

Yeah, it's better that way!

Yuki opens the door for me, smiling at me and I get nervous out of the sudden. Please God! Please God tell me she's going to compliment me, not the other way around.

I take a small step to get inside the grand office room. I feel Yuki closes the door behind my back as I immediately feel the different vibe inside the room.  It is quiet - opposite from the noisy  open working space out there , a little dark with bookshelves covering the walls and huge curtains blocking the sun from the grand glass window. Her office smells luxurious and expensive just like the smell from the  beautiful rich ladies who often come to Blackbird to chill out sometimes at night.
Sitting in the middle of the room is Ms. Freen . Her full name is on the golden card with in the wooden table. " FREEN SAROCHA CHANKIMHA ". such a pretty high-class name.

- Ms. Armstrong! - her voice is deep , firm and powerful, echoing the whole room.

- Yes. Good afternoon, Ms. Sarocha. - I bow to her. Can I bow like this while talking to her?  Because I do not dare to look into her eyes and I don't know why.

- This is yours?

She speaks up her cold calm tone and throws to a file to the blank space in the table.  It's my copy!

- Y..yes!

Heck,  it's not the time to shutter Ms. Becky Armstrong!

- Do you want to know my opinion about this?

She doesn't wait for me to answer and she adds.

- I feel like I read a romance , not a proposal to close a deal. I can't believe you have a gut to send me copy of this. And my seven years of working , I've never read such a bad copy like yours. Rewrite them all, send it to Yuki at 10 in the morning tomorrow.

- But... Can I... Can I asakwhat is wrong with my copy?

- Are you that dumb?

My eyes widened in shocked. I cannot believe in my own ears  so that I look up to hear her clearly.

- S...sorry?

Now I face her Ang look into her intimidating eyes. I swallow hard, feeling my legs weaken.

- I said,  "are you that dumb?"

- Ms. Sarocha I'm just asking if you can clarify what's wrong with my work.

I bite my lips, asking. I don't know why I bow my head while asking. Becky Armstrong, since when you become this coward.

- Ms. Armstrong, I have to tell you this. You are such a disappointment. You should go back to your place and ask yourself what's wrong with your work , not asking me. If you cannot answer that question yourself , I don't believe this job is suitable for you. You know, I never support the idea of inviting the best students in university working here, cause I need a stuff who can do her job well, not a student who is full of her self  she gets all the As in university while in reality, she cannot write a proper copy. 

- I..I understand. I will send it to Yuki at 10 in the morning  tomorrow.

In this case, a  "Thank you" will be polite but I hold it back. A thankyou is absolutely not what I want to say right now.

I walk to the table , aiming to get my copy back. But suddenly, she takes it before my hands reach the paper and she rudely throws the file to a trash can in te corner of her room. I can't believe in my own eyes, my 6hours straight working without lunch , she throws it like it is trash. It's really trash to her.

-  You don't need this anymore Ms. Armstrong.

A throb forms in my throat and I have to open my eyes wide to stop the tear. No, you can't cry here Becky, not here, not now. You have to be strong! You can't lose this job.

Does she think that i will give up? No, I'm Becky Armstrong, life even gives me worse shitty things and I never give up, I will never give up. I don't look at her , I walk to the trash can and pick my copy back. I  just feel it so wrong to leave my copy in the trash can like this. It's my pride . I don't care what she might think of me, but I will do what I believe is the right thing to do.

I bow to her before I leave the room, but she calls me again.

- Ms. Becky

- Yes? - I reply, turn my body bowing but not looking at her.

- You will have 1week before I decide to keep you here or not.  Better get your work done well or  pack your things and leave.

I bite my lips, holding the urge to fire back. I get the invitation to work here. I can't lose this job  like this. But I understand at the same that the woman in front of me has all the right and power to fire me anytime. I can't do anything but to prove to her that I deserve the job.

- I understand,  I will do my best.

- well I hope so. - Her voice nearly sarcastic. - now leave.

With her permission, I rush to walk out of this room.

As I I close the door, a noisy and busy atmosphere embraces me and I immediately feel better, I feel safe outside her room.

KEEP ON READING,  I PROMISE IT WILL BE A GOOD RIDE! ;)