52

Monday afternoon, Incheon Airport

BECKY'S POV;

Waiting for Freen. It's been more than 30 minutes and she hasn't shown up yet. I tried to call her 3 times but she didn't answer my call . She might take my words too seriously that we will not interact if it's not related to work; but this is work I guess.

Talking about Freen and I, my mood and my feeling for her is like a roller coaster, it could be right and excited as I saw her walk in the office, imagining her surprising face when I gave her the cup of coffee I bought; but it turned out the other way, my heart was sunk the moment she rejected my cheap coffee. That moment, my mind ran to a thought of quiting my job, to end all of this, to end my feeling for her. to end the emotional abuse she is giving me and to end the fear I sometimes think of it I do something wrong. Si I suggested that Freen and I shouldn't interact if it's not because of our work. I thought with that decision, I might be able to get her off my mind, but that night, despite how many times I told myself i shouldn't do it, I still sneakingly looked at her sleeping picture on my phone.

That was bad!

I decided to check-in and go boarding without her cause perhaps, she has already checked in and waited for me in the boarding gate.

***

Just 15 minutes left to go boarding, the boarding staffs continually ask me to check-in and go on the plane but Freen hasn't shown up yet. I asked the staff for Freen's boarding information, they confirmed she hadn't been on the plane, I dialed Mr. Yuan - Freen's personal driver and he told me Freen texted him not to drive her to the airport today. The last person I think of is Rosé and I gave her a call, she told me Freen might take a different flight after last Fridays incident, she suggested I should call Yuki to ask whether she booked for Freen another flight to China.

So I did. Here is what Yuki and I shared.

- Freen? No. I didn't book for her any other flight that the flight with you to China. But anyway, let me check... No... There is no ticket booked under the name Freen Sarocha Chankimha. It's weird that she hasn't shown up, Freen is a very punctuate person.

- Sorry, can you repeat that?

- Huh? She is a very punctuate person...

- No. Her name...

- Freen Sarocha Chankimha. It's her real name. She prefers to be called Freen Sarocha for more professional.

Yeah I used to hear this name, from Mario when I first met him in Los Angeles. Does it exist such a coincidence that Freen  and the person Mario knew share the same name? And a month after that I accidentally met him again in itaewon, and then in the club last Friday night?

- Miss, - a flight staff reaches my side Ang informs me. - The plane will take off in the next 20 minutes as scheduled and our boarding gate will be closed in the next 5 minutes.

- Thanks, I will be there right away!

I answer the staff then be back to the call with Yuki

- Did Freen contact you about her changing the plan?

- No. I called her this morning, she didn't answer my call but she texted me to send her an email. It's pretty weird too, I just say, cause she is the one who told me to call her this morning, updating about the weekly OKR for the whole team.

With that , we bid good bye as I try to call Freen again, this time her phone is turned off.

The flight staff forces a smile when she reaches my side again, I unwillingly follow her to check-in and go boarding. As I walk inside the boarding area, I come up with a crazy idea as I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Ritchie.

Freen's phone is a limited edition from Posix and it's equipped with a smart chip so called P-cloud. For security reasons during the trip, I'm shared Freen's P-cloud information. With this P-cloud website and track down the location of Freen's phone. If she replied to Yuki this morning, she must have her phone with her.

I settle down in my seat, waiting for Ritchie to track the location of the phone. Finally he speaks up. 

- Big sis, the phone is in Siheung, Gyeonggi, from what I can see in the satellite, it's a suburban area.

- is the red spot moving or not?

- No. It doesn't look like it's moving big sis.

- Oky... Send me the location via my P-cloud.

- Miss, - The flight attendant forces a smile at me. - Please turn off your phone. ..

- Okay, I'm sorry, just wait for a moment! - I say to the attendant then turn to my brother. - Ritchie, quickly!

-  ... Done big sis. What are you doing? I thought you must be on the plane now?

- I will call you later, okay. Don't go out, just stay at home and wait for my call.

I quickly say to Ritchie then I hold the arm of the flight attendant.

- Miss, I want to get off the plane!

I quickly stand up, picking my bag from the cabin while the attendant talks to me in panic.

- Sorry Miss, but you can't get off, the plane is going to take off in 5 minutes.

- 5 minutes are enough for me to get off. Please, it's an emergency!

I beg but she continuously rejects me.

- I'm sorry but you can't! Please sit down on your seat.

Oh come on ! I silently roll my eyes as my head pops up with a plan.

- I don't have much time to discuss this with you...

I say as I  shake my head and find a chance to run to the head of the plane. - the exit. The woman gapes in shock as she runs right after me, constantly calling me to stop. And I'm stopped by a guy when I'm going to reach the door. I have foreseen it.

- I suffer flying phobia and I can get a heart attack during the flight. Please let me get off.

I  pretend to have a headache as I tumble a little while the man's face gets panic, he just blinks his eyes as a response while holding my arm to stable me.

They have to let me leave the airplane, of course.

You must be crazy to do this, Becky!