63

Now I'm on the plane to head to China with Freen. This time, I'm in the business class with her. She is sitting next to me and focusing on the plan on her laptop.

- We are going to solve a serious PR crisis with the Cito team. - Freen says as she turns off the laptop. - When we cannot make the trip to China, the company sent another team to China and signed the contract with Cito. We brought 49% shre of this company and became the biggest shareholder. Cito is one of the rising tech firms in China and the news it was bought by a foreign company has been bringing a crisis to us. In general, the Chinese always prefer domestic companies than foreign ones, so they criticize Cito for selling it's share to Posix.

- What will we do to solve it?

- Sleep.

- What?

- we should sleep now, cause we have to work right after we land.

- Oh, okay!

- it's gonna be interesting!

Freen says as her lip move up as a smirk.

- Good night Freen!

- Good night Beanie!

***

A team picks us up at the airport. The Cito team. I'm surprised that Freen knows how to speak Chinese. She talks casually to the guys mostly in Chinese.

We arrive at the hotel around 10pm and we go straight to Freen's hotel room as we decide to work there. Freen said, to deal with a PR crisis, we need speed and preciseness. So we are going to work through the night to come to a plan and execute it tomorrow.

Lucky that when we work, we start to speak in English so that I could understand what is going on. We have 6 people, including me, Freen from Posix and Chen, Jim, Noey, Nop from Cito.

- This morning, a  sales admin from Admax contacted me to offer a PR solution. He came to our office this afternoon and presented a plan with a huge budget: $550,000 to resolve the crisis.

It's Chen - a guy from Cito.

- Yeah, it is a huge number but we could lose more if this crisis is not solved in the right way. Here is the plan, you can take a look at it, Freen. We might consider taking his offer cause the plan is pretty good.

- they are trying to blackmail us! - Freen speaks up.

- Who? Admax?

- Mainly the negative articles are from CCA Corp's sites, this company is holding ½ of  the biggest and the most influencing online media in China. And Admax is a marketing company that belongs to CCA Corp. They purposefully push the crisis to it's peak si they could sell the plan for us with the highest price.

- You are right! That could explain why the crisis turns into a mess.

- That asshole! Why did they do that? We didn't do anything to them?

Freen chuckles, then she continues.

- if I were the CEO of Admax, I would do the same. It's business! They do it legally.

- So what will we do now? Should we accept their offer?

- I don't support the idea of accepting their offer after we know their intention. They are trying to blackmail us, we shouldn't let them do it!

- We should ask CMG Corp, their direct competitor, to support us in this! We could pay them the same amount to resolve the crisis. They are able to execute the plan.

- it could be a massive battle between CCA and CMG, they both gain but we are the ones who will lose. - it's Freen. - You could make CCA hate Cito that they will wait for your mistakes to attack you again.

- Awwww! We're stuck!

They are discussing, bringing everything that could passively happen but not come to any solution.

- Becky. - Freen suddenly calls my name. - what do you think? What should we do now?

- Ah.. I don't know.

- Really? - she says with a bit of disappointment in her voice. - You have been with me for 4 months , you should have learned something about dealing with a crisis. Just look out of the box to evaluate the whole situation. What do we want and what we could do?

- Yeah.. actually I have been thinking about accepting their offer. But we should negotiate to discount. We should build up a good relationship with CCA as well, it's not a good idea to fight with them. We are not that  strong. We should put the survivor of the business above our personal concerns.

- Yes! Good. Almost correct. The thing is we are not going to ask for a discount, we might even pay them more, but we will ask for more. We will still need to invest in PR activities in the future, and we never fight with media agency, especially a big corp like CCA - that should be the last thing you guys should think of. So our tastes now are listing out what we will need to negotiate. His is purely business, so please get rid of your personal feelings and judgements. You guys are really potential and if you know more about how business works, we could make the best team.

Yes! This is why I fall more for Freen. Freen is a great leader who is always passionate about work, finding solutions and encouraging people. I fall for her intelligence even more than her gorgeous look.

We keep working til three in the morning, discussing PR planning for the next period. Freen and Chen will meet Admax's CEO tomorrow so we will redeal with them.

***

The next morning, I move to Cito's office to continue my work with the team. It's around 2pm as Chen comes back but Freen isn't with him. Not waiting for us to ask, Chen informs us with a big smile in his face.

- We win. They agree with our suggestion. We're gonna take their PR support in the next two years with just $550,000

We stand up to high five each other, can't help smiling and laughing with that big news.

- Where is Miss. Sarocha?

- She is with Kris Wu.

Kris Wu is the name of Admax's CEO.

- As far as I sense , he might have a crush on our CMO. He agrees with almost everything she said. Most of it was because we planned, but a part of it is because I think he likes miss. Freen.

- Yeah. Freen is such a catch ! I have a crush on her, too.

- So where are they now? - I ask as Chen shakes his head. .

- I don't know, she told me to leave first. - then he turns to the whole team. - Guys, we still have a lot of things to do, we have to read and edit the articles which are soon sent to us. Jim you have to take charge of our social media and work with customers as planned.

They keep talking and discussing while I lose my focus for a while, can't get Freen and that Kris Wu out of my mind.

Urgggg!!!