129

I arrived to my apartment when Jin Ah had already lied her back in the bed watching some music videos on her phone. She has the keys to my apartment, of course.

From my bedroom , I go to my changing room, stripping my dress, putting something light on, then taking off my jeweleries. Opening the box where I put my rings, I noticed that my favorite spot is missing it. Furrowing my brows, I start to roam my hands around the box, expecting that it's just around somewhere inside the box. But then, I have to open other boxes where I put other jewelries to find it. After a good ten minutes of helplessly messing my jewelry boxes, I'm sure that isn't here.

I walk back to my bedroom, pushing the door a little bit hard since some sort of anger is taking over me.

- Jin Ah, have you seen my ring?

Jin Ah doesn't look at me, her eyes pin on the phone screen when she answers.

- You got more than a hundred of rings, Becky. Which one are you asking about?

- The ring made of GUITAR STRING! - I find my voice get raged, Jin Ah feels it too as she hits the pause button when shifting her head to look at me. - I out it on my ring box and I just find it missing. The last time I checked, it's still there. Do you have any idea where is it?

Jin Ah licks her lips nervously as she stands up to walk to my direction.

- love,  that ring is old and valueless. Why are you looking for it?

- I... - Now that her question catches me off guard, I don't really have a reasonable reason to keep that ring, no, actually I have a reason, but I don't think she can understand. So instead of answering her, I'm just persistent on my question. - I'm asking you if you seen it!

I let it go a little bit too harsh that I didn't mean to, but it's already out of my mouth. Jin Ah heaves a sigh as she looks down at her feet.

- Yeah I know...

- Where is it?

- I cleaned the closet for you this afternoon and I found the ring. I guessed that the ring is some kind of trash so I took it out for you...

I arch one of my eyebrows looking at her in disbelief.

- You WHAT?

- I just tried to clean the closet for you...

- Where is this NOW, Jin Ah? - I try my best to sound light and easy. I don't want to get angry toward her because of a cheap old valueless ring, but I just can't help the ragging anger rising up to my chest. All I can do is to suppress it from exploding in her. I just need to find the ring and then everything is okay.

- ...in the trashcan...

Rolling my eyes with a sigh, I walk past her to the living room where the trashcan is located. Without hesitation, I out the black plastic bag out of the can and I start to open it. There are dirts, plastics, used cans, metal and a lot of other things I can't name , my fingers touch them all , my eyes try to search for the round thing with frustration. After a few seconds that I think like hours that I haven't found the ring, I start pouring all of them on the floor.

- God! What are you doing, Becky?

That last thing I want right now it talking to her, cause I know I might burst out into her that I would regret later. So I bite my lips and try to calm myself by breathing deeply in and out with my nostrils.

She sits down next to me as her fingers start to roam the dirty with me. The a few moments after that, she takes our from a metal can the ring , putting it in front of my face.

- Find it!

We exchange a look before I take it from her and stand up. She follows me right after that.

- Becky, I'm sorry! I shouldn't do it! I shouldn't intrude to your stuff. I would never do it again. I'm really sorry. Can you forgive me?

The sincerity in her voice and her gaze calms me down a little. I loosen my lips with a sigh before I nod. I just cannot get angry with her. I even find myself confusing at the reason why the ring means that much to me? It's just a cheap, normal ring made from the guitar string but why I feel like it's a very important thing to me. I shouldn't be angry at her over this ring. But she also shouldn't intrude my personal stuff without my consent either. Yet she already apologized for it.

- I'm sorry too, I suddenly react this way to you.

- No, don't be. You have all the right! It's cheap but it's your property and I shouldn't decide to throw it away or to keep it. - she replies with sincerity as she caresses my arms. Jin Ah is such a mature and understanding person. - Now, take a warm bath, I will clean it up!

I leave the mess for Jin Ah, feeling a wave of guilt at the fact that I got angry over my girlfriend for a cheap ring that I don't know why I had it and what was it's actual meaning to me. It's just so unreasonable that I have the feeling that this ring is special, like it holds something important of missing past. But I have already had most of the important events and people of my past. My family, my best friends, my colleagues, my fans. They confirmed that these are all my important things and it's impossible that I have missed something. But then again, no one knew about why I got his ring. Not my family, not Rosé, not Lalisa, not Ritchie, no Cha Hee, not JK, not Jin Ah. - of course. There is the only reasonable answer is that I got it from my fan! However, my gut feeling - a very strong one - told me no, it isn't.

With a sigh, I out it back to the box then head to the bathroom. Drowning myself in the warm water, I let my muscles rest while my mind freely run to a woman who owns big sharp, but at the same time, the most alluring eyes I have ever seen.
It's her.