38

Sarocha and I do stay Korea for a week before our trip to China. Since we bid goodbye in front of my house ( yeah Sarocha required her driver to send me to my house first cause I had no phone with me) , I haven't seen Sarocha around the office. But at the end of this afternoon, she shows up with Lalisa. While Sarocha enters her office, doesn't forget to give me her glare, Lalisa walks to me.

- Hi Becky!

- Good afternoon Miss. Lalisa

I say as I stand up to bow her. She puts in my table a bag.

- No need to be formal. I got your stuff here.

I check the bag and they are my bag, my phone, and my dress. Wait! Why are they with her? I pull Lalisa to a meeting room near my table to make everything clear while she eyes me with amusement.

- why are my stuff with you? I couldn't find them in your apartment? And did I ... Did I... You know?

- I don't know, did you what?

- I was drunk and I didn't remember what happened. I woke up in a bed with different clothes and...

- Si you mean, did you fuck?

Lalisa laughed while my face turns red. Aisssshhhh this girl. She is so bold.

- No. You didn't.

I breathe a sigh of relief, hands fan my face and give her back a big smile. God!

- You just vomited, all over your clothes, your bag and Sarocha's as well.

-. sarocha?

Oh now I'm panic again. Vomiting over your boss is not funny at all.

- Yeah. It was funny. She helped you but you ended up puking a mess. I had no choice but to change for you. Before Sarocha left, she told you she would pick you up the next day afternoon to the airport, but today she told me you totally forgot about it and you just walked out of my apartment in my pink pajamas. I'm willing to pay to see you in pajamas walking in Manhattan again Becky.

Lalisa chuckles while I facepalm myself.

- And it's not the only thing that happened that night?

- what? Did I do something even more embarrassing than that?

- Kind of.

-  What was that?

I feel my voice is shaking while asking.

- You should ask her yourself, I won't tell you.

- Her? Sarocha?

- Yeah. Go ask her. - Lalisa grins and her brows ache to give me a bad feeling about it. - I have to go now, I just stop by to give you your stuff. I have them cleaned for you. And I'm sorry for leaving you alone in my apartment, I had a meeting that day, I should have left you a note.

I thank Lalisa for keeping and cleaning my stuff then I walk her to the elevator. Now back to business, what did I do in the party that  could be more embarrassing than vomiting? No, I'm not gonna ask Sarocha for this. So, perhaps, I should just let it go, as nothing had happened. Yeah, it's better this way.

7pm and I'm a mess thinking about  knocking on Sarocha's door to say sorry to her or not. Well, I didn't directly blame Sarocha on leaving me that day we flew back to Korea, but my attitude said it all. It was all my fault for drinking, forgetting everything, and for throwing up on Sarocha as well.

Sarocha opens the office door and I immediately hide my face behind the computer, I don't know why I'm doing this. You are such a coward, Becky!

Putting my pride aside, I stand up and run to Sarocha, she is walking to the elevator.

- Sarocha, I... I...

Before I can finish my sentence, she cuts me with her icing queen stare and then she throws words with her deep voice at my face.

- Don't Sarocha this is Sarocha that while you are in my office.

Wow! What a mood! I thought the relationship between Sarocha and I have become better after the business trip, but I guess it's just my assumption, my imagination. My heart - it feels like someone is twisting it hard. As a result, my body is shaking and feel hard to speak up.

- Miss. Sarocha? ... I ...

- Be quick Beanie. I might get late because of you.

- I ... I talked to miss Lalisa today and she told me you... You helped me back in NYC , I ... I just want to say thank you.

I say as I bow to her, my eyes land on the shoes she bought me in California.

- Okay.

She says briefly as she aims to turn but I continue.

- Miss. Sarocha

- Hmmm?

- is there.. are there any other things that happened that night beside ... I threw up at you?

Okay, I need to stop stuttering. I must look really dump now.

- No. Did Lalisa tell you to ask me that?

- Ah... I... I just.. I

Yeah. I can't help myself from stuttering.

- don't need to answer that. Sure Lalisa will do. That bitch!

I hear Sarocha murmuring before she walks to the elevator, without saying goodbye. My heart keeps drumming inside my ribcage, I don't know what I have been through. What was that?

                                     ****

I walk out of Posix, hand on my chest. My heartbeat doesn't stop racing since I talked to Sarocha and I think I was so scared of her. Her sudden change of mood could kill me by giving me heart attacks.

It takes me 20 minutes to ride the bus from Posix to Itaewon - my home. Now walking along the night street with bar, oub, music, food, and people, I feel better. But when I'm walking to my house, my eyes catch a man who gets bumped Ang the coke he is holding pours over his jeans and another guy's shoes. When he raises his head, my mouth gapes, I never expect to meet him here. He feels my stare as he looks at my direction and he beams at me, nearly immediately.

- Becky!

- Ohh, it's you Mario!