116

Im nervous. Of course. We are gonna have a real talk after 3 years. Finally!

Her car is already outside when I'm out of the house. Opening the car door and snaking into the shotgun, I didn't know that I missed the smell of her car.

- Hi.

She nods back briefly then asks.

- where do you want to go?

- The beach.

- Excuse me?

- I want to go to the beach.

- Why? This our?  Why don't we just find a bar or a restaurant to talk?

- I want somewhere private. I don't want to be interrupted while we talk. The beach or my apartment. You choose. Both are fine with me.

Freen rolls her eyes and I find it pretty fun to annoy her.

- Okay, then the beach.

She starts driving when I add.

- I just missed the beach. It has been a long time since the last time I went to the beach. I guess that you are the same.

Freen doesn't answer. The drive is pretty quiet, the only sound is some songs from the radio.

The car reaches the beach but no one is willing to get out. For a couple of moments, I'm so afraid of what we are going to talk about.

I'm the first one to get out of the car and Freen follows me a few seconds after.

- What stuff do you want to talk about? - She asks when I stop and let my foot play with the sand.

- Thank you for taking care of Ritchie. Recently I don't have much time for him and I'm grateful that you gave him a chance to go to your school. You guided and taught him as well.

- You are very welcome!

Now she puts her hands inside the pockets, staring at me, waiting. And I just find this simple action of her super sexy. She is a Goddess without trying.

- How is everything? You? Your work? Your life?

- I'm good. - her voice is cold but soft.

- Rosé told me that you suffered depression again, after us,... our things... You know, I mean...

- I'm okay now. - she answers briefly, her eyes still fixates on me. The wind is blowing as it brings her perfume to my nostril and it's like an ignition to my senses.

- I've always felt bad about myself after I heard the news. And I wished that I had been here for you... Do you hate me?

- I don't think about the past anymore, Becky. Let it be. I'm happy that you focused on your career and made it work. We all sve our own problems to deal with, so I don't hate you for not "being there" to deal with my problems for me.

- So why do you ignore me? Why do you not answer my calls or texts? And why do you still sends me flowers and gifts?

Freen breathes out a sigh as she runs her slender fingers through her hair.

- Di you really want to know why?

- Yes, I do.

- I just didn't want to disturb you, I want you to focus on your career, but at the same, I didn't want you to forget me and I want you to know that I watched you and supported you.

- But the time when I performed at Posix, you acted so mean, you know that? I thought that you hated me. I still think that you hate me right now.

- There was a time that I hated you. That's when I sent you flowers and gifts but you didn't text me a thank you back.