46 - I KISS A GIRL

BECKY'S POV:

One word. Disappointment. That's what I read on the first page of the briefs Freen threw in my working table. Tell me, how does it feel when your boss said to you that he or she was disappointed at you?

I feel like I lost all the needed motivation to try, to redo, again and again.

But I know it's my bad, it's my fault, I've been working unproductively.

Here  is what she said.

- Miss Beanie Armstrong, I can't use these briefs to send to our partners in China. I don't have time to directly comment for you. You have to come to the office tomorrow and I will work with you to finish them before our flight.

I have been stressed out, it's become worse after I heard what she said; spending my weekend with her to finish the briefs. But I can't always be always like this, I have to finish my work properly if I don't want to get fired. Sarocha is a work-oriented type, if she is satisfied with my work then I don't have to worry about her.

- Becky!... Becky?!!!

It's Chung Ha. She is shouting at me.

- Huh?

- Let's go!

- Okay!

I say, trying to be happy as much as possible, but I fail, I guess. I take my bag and join my colleagues, as planned, tonight will be our clubbing night.

-  You look stressed lately. Is it because of working with Miss. Sarocha?

It's Emily, she notices my off-mood state.

- Not really. But I have to work with that Bunny tomorrow morning to finish the briefs before our flight, so I just think clubbing tonight is not a very good idea, I've better go home and edit my briefs.

- Who's bunny, anyway Becky?

- hmm I mean, Miss Sarocha.

- Oh, no no no no, Becky! - it's Chung Ha. - You need some rest and some fresh air. Are you fed up with working with Miss Sarocha? You have been stuck with her for more than 1 month in the USA, now she even asked you to work on the weekend. You must need to be away from her or else you are going to be another version of Sarocha. Just work, work  and work and someday you will die aline with a wealth , just like her!

What?! Seriously.

My bunch of crackheads bursts into hard laughter at Chung Ha's saying. I can't help smiling as well.

- How dare you, Chung Ha! - Nop elbows her. - I will tell miss Sarocha about this.

- Fuck off! - Chung Ha hits him hard on the arm, glaring at him.

- Anyway, Chung Hi is right, let's relax a little, clubbing is fun Becky - Seulgi adds.

The last time I went clubbing wasn't fun at all, and also was the last time I was drunk.

- Okay, okay!  Like I'm saying I'm not coming with you.

- Becky, I will find you a boyfriend Tonight! - Chung Ha says proudly as she puts her arm over my shoulders.

- She needs a GIRLFRIEND, Chung Ha

- No! Becky is straight, bitch!

***

- Oh my Jesus Christ! Becky! You didn't tell me you have a friend who looks that hot!

Chung Ha mumbles near my ear as she steal a glance at Mario. He is sitting with Seulgi, talking randomly I guess. Yes, you are right, Mario the Psychology Professor.

- And he is fucking a Professor in a University in California. That is even hatter!

- Chung Ha yaaa, I don't know he is here as well, I just met him twice, he is not really my friend.

- seem like your destiny is calling, Becky?

- What?

- You bumped to him all the time, it's a signal that you should try to get to know him more. Maybe he is your future boyfriend.

Oky, I can't believe I'm hearing this. It is very funny but look at Chung Ha's face , my laugh could hurt her. She is so serious and desperate for finding me a partner.

- Let's cheer Becky! Congratulations on your successful business trip!

Chung Ha says as she raises her shot. I eye her a bit hesitate.

- I have to work tomorrow. So can I just thank you and give you a hug, Chung ha?

- No no no. Don't worry, It can't make you get drunk, just a shot! Relax a little Becky, don't be a grandma!

With that, Chung Ha, then Seulgi, then Nop, then Mario succeed in making me drink, four shots in total. Now I feel tipsy and I didn't dare to jump on the dance floor. Mario catches up with my colleagues really fast. He is on the dance floor with them while I'm sitting all alone, watching my friends disappearing the crowd getting wild.

My tipsy state didn't notice that someone was approaching me til she sat right next to me.

At first , I got startled cause I thought I were seeing Freen. I have to blink my eyes hard to make sure it's not delusion. No, don't get me wrong. The girl just looks like Freen , really resembles her. She got a western look, big brown eyes, she look like a bunny as well but her lips is thinner than Freen's. I study her face closely, longer than I plan to as she speaks up.

- Hi have we met before?

- No! - I blink my eyes at the question, my consciousness is back and I find it quite rude to look at her for that long. - No.. I... I don't think so.

- Oh you looked at me like we met before and I thought that I met you before but I forgot you.

She gives me a bright smile as I mumble sorry to her.

- Hey, you are sitting here alone, right? Wanna come to the bar over there. I know the bartender guy and he can make an excellent cocktail named Heavenly Bliss. It is a mix of mainly tropical fruits with a little champagne. It tastes heavenly, just like it's name.

She looks at me with her Big brown eyes and all I can see is Freen. I nod and few moments later, we settle down in the bar, ordering Heavenly Bliss Cocktail for us.

I'm sorry to hide this chapter minutes ago, it's just that I accidentally hit the published and it's not yet done. I'm sorry again. Thank y'all for your understanding.🙂