51 - FREEN SAROCHA

FREEN'S POV:

I'm awake by a shuffling noice. It's a mix of the vibrating noice and the ringtone from my phone. My head hurts it feels like it had suffered from a thousand needles. Every muscle in my body is screaming in pain.

As I try to open my eyes, I find myself in a dark old warehouse, being tied up with a cement pillar in the middle of the room while my mouth is being covered with duck tape.

The last thing I remember is was being with Mario, he suggested driving me to a more private place to talk. The moment I stepped in his car, something like electricity ran through my body and I was blackout right after that.

I see my phone places in a wooden table from afar. Both if my hands are tied so hard that they hurt with every single move I make.

Around 30minutes later, there is cracking sound of an opening door and a few moments later, Mario walks to the room. His left hand us holding a plastic bag while his right hand us holding a wooden bar. I stare at every single move he makes. He throes the bag to the table, taking my phone than walking toward my direction. He takes off the tube from my fave violently, then his right hand holds my jaw, pinning my head to the cement while his left hand holds my phone up to my face to unlock it.

- I'm gonna text your driver not to pick you up tomorrow afternoon.

He releases a dark smile as he starts to type on the phone.

- What are you doing Mario?

He stares at me for a king moment before speaking up.

- My name is not Mario.

What the fuck?!

- Whatever! Just answer me! What do you want? This is not a joke anymore. I'm gonna sue you and make sure you will have good years in prison. You motherfuvker!!!

He doesn't  answer me, he strides to the table and picks up the wooden bar, he strides back to me, fixing the bar  on his right hand.

- What are you doing?

I feel words lost at my throat as seeing him lift the bar above his shoulder. He hits the bat to my jaw, I hear the cracking sound of my own bone; then my shoulder. He throws the bar away as his fist lands in my face, then my stomach, again and again.

He steps back a little with heavy breath.

- First, I'm not Mario, my name is Nat Siang. Yeah, does it make any sense to you, cause I'm the big brother of Sam Siang and Mei Siang. You might not remember me because I had been studying in London when your family moved to town.

- God! - I hiss while tasting my own blood. - just cut to the chase! What do you want from me?

- Alright, since you will die anyway. I will tell you everything.

He releases a dry chuckle while my heart skips it's beat at the word "Die".

- I had been finding you for 3 years in Thailand but I couldn't find anything. - He adds. - I had no idea you had moved to Korea. God helps me to let me meet Becky - Your assistant in California while she was lost cause you left her behind . The moment I saw your picture , I knew it was you, even when you have changed a lot. I followed the two of you that while day from the mall you visited the club you were in. Did you know why there was a gang who ran after you and Becky that night? Was this just accidental?

He continues with excitement in his voice.

- No..  I witnessed you beat two guys with bi difficulty and I knew I couldn't encounter you face to face. I took the chance and paid the gang to beat you two.

- fuck you! Becky didn't involved in any of these!!!

I hiss. He eyes me with a smile like he is watching a clown.

- Well, I don't care.

Is this man losing his mind?

- But you and she managed to escape. - He adds. - I have to say, your skills impressed me. And since that moment, I knew that to bring you down is not easy and I have to make a very careful plan for it. Lucky for me that when I was in Seoul , your assistant didn't reject me as she did in LA, so I had a chance to know more about you your schedule and processed my plan. Yes. My plan is simple, I will burn this place to ash, of course, with YOU in it. From now to your flight, I will reply to your assistant, your driver and your friends by text, so they will all know that before your flight, you have not been kidnapped yet. The fire will start after you flight to China takes off, your phone will be destroyed as well and they would think that they couldn't contact you because you're on the plane. And finally, by the time they find out about the fire, I will be in the plane back to California.

Sweat and blood run in my body, adding pain to the wounds as I realize this man is not kidding.

- What nat? Why are you doing all of these?