144 - SAY YES TO ME

I've got my eyes on you.

***

- Ms. Armstrong, - One of interviewers glances at Becky, questioning. - Your case is different. I see that you are a celebrity in Korea, what makes you to apply for this job?

Becky has been prepared for the interview, she knows exactly how to answer these kinds of question to win over the interviewers. But the look in Freen's eyes makes her legs wobble. She realizes the single truth: the only one she has to convince is none other than the president.

You have to get this job. The voice in Becky's head shouts out. Becky knows it couldn't be like other normal interviewer especially when her ice queen is here, staring her with intensity, the look tells her that she has already made up her mind: Becky would have no chance to work with her.

- Ms. Armstrong, are you listening? Do I need to repeat myself?

- No, I'm sorry. You're right. I mean I used to ask myself that question as well: why should I give up my fabulous celebrity life to be a normal person. That's a big question. But when I'm sitting here, I have already found the answer. - she looks at Freen, responding and sincere and honestly. - I just want to be myself, no hiding, no lying, freely express myself, Ang living a very much simpler life. So when the time came, I made up my mind, and I'm here, to have a new beginning.

- You still, can be a celebrity without hiding or lying and freely express yourself, Ms. Armstrong. - Freen speaks, hands firmly cross, voice cold. - Is that you're not strong enough, you cannot overcome the media and the public pressure, that you decides to give up?

- You are right, I'm not strong enough. I absolutely should be here months ago. - Becky replies, looking deeply at Freen's eyes. - But you are wrong also. I no longer need public attention, nor media awareness. - She pauses, and to add more effect of it, she licks and bites on her lips. - I just need one particular person's attention. And I'm trying to get it. Really hard.

There is a flicker in Freen's eyes. She slightly shifts uncomfortable at her seat while looking at other direction as well.

- I still love singing and writing sings. But being normal person doesn't mean I will have to give it up. I still can sing and write songs as my hobby, - she pauses. - for that one particular person, not for everyone.

Becky gives out a small smile when she sees Freen's cheeks getting a little bit redder. She finds it extra cute. A blushing Freen.

- Well, Ms. Armstrong, your recent scandal, after your retirement, - One man speaks up, his eyes are skeptical. - di you know how it affected our company? FSC Capital is the biggest investor of Blackbird. First, you decided to retire, we lost millions of dollars with your sudden decision. Then you started to be careless with your personal life by hooking up with someone strange women. It doesn't only affect your image, but it also made us lose our credit and financially affect as well. Fi you think that we will accept you to work in this company again?

- First of all, I'm sorry that it affects the business. I will never want it that way. Second of all, I paid the compensatory for breaking the contract, so logically I think we might not mention about the lost, since it is the part of the business we are all aware from the start. Third of all, I didn't sleep with some women, - Becky clears her throat before she glances at Freen, who is already staring at her, waiting. - just one. I was drunk. I...I - Becky glances back to Freen again, this time, her cold stare gives her skin goosebumps. - I thought it was someone else.

She finally breathes out, their eyes lock for a moment until Freen breaks it, shifting her legs awkwardly.

- About your choice of candidate to work in this position, I'm not showing off but I think I'm the best option. I graduate with excellent degree from SU, rank 25 in the list of Best University in the world, specialized in Marketing. I got invitation to work in Posix right after my graduation and my boss in none other that Ms. Freen Sarocha. I have been learning a lot from her Ang u really want to work with her again. Not to mention that I used to work with her. I know her style and how to perform the task perfectly as she wants.