34

NEW YORK CITY

You remember the beautiful lady I met the day Sarocha first commented directly on my copy about the project with the government. Yes, that beautiful lady is LALISA M. - The CEO of Posix Game, Chung Ha once told me that she was one of Sarocha's suiters. And right now, we meet her NYC.

Posix has an office in NYC and we're gonna have some meetings there with the local team, so the last week of our business trip, we flew to NYC. Krunky is a game that belongs to Posix Gaming, so Lalisa was there to join the meetings as well.

Speaking about the last few days Sarocha and I stayed in California, we kept bickering over little things like the coffee, the food, my plain shirt, my ugly pant, my nickname "Bean" and she didn't mind throwing shade at me with her lines related to animals. I didn't find them funny at all but she looked totally proud of the dissing lines she invented.

But  since wr met the lady whose name Lalisa M. in NYC, she king of "abandoned" me.

We stay at the same hotel, but I didn't have to buy her a cup of coffee every morning and wait for her like I used to do in California, I guess she went out for breakfast with Lalisa since she saw them walking to the office together, that happened the same with the lunch. I didn't have to work late and buy her dinner like I used to do as well cause Lalisa was the one who picked her up for dinner. For the last week in NYC, I went to work and turned to the hotel all alone, then I would spend the whole evening to call Ritchie or Rosé. I just see Sarocha at work when I assist her and when we are at work, we act professionally, we avoid bickering, throwing shade at each other.

For the first two or three days not communicating with Sarocha, I felt quiet off the past three weeks, but then it knocks me that I've been going to work all alone like that for years. I should have felt happy that finally Sarocha got her focus off me.

It's our last Friday in NYC and the local team held up a party. Well, talking about the party, it's a little bit different from the way marketing people at California party and the way IT  people in the NYC party. In California, people go to some clubs, drink and dance the night way, while in NYC with our IT team which is mostly male, the party is held right in a team members apartment, and this team member is none other than Lalisa M. , The lady got herself a luxurious apartment in the middle of Manhattan.

I haven't talked to Lalisa, I have no idea she is the beautiful lady I used to meet, I even thought that she was an idol or a model, cause that face of her could possibly be. And I used to think that the CEO of Posix Gaming must be somehow nerdy, boyish, kind of., si that could be the reason why Sarocha hasn't dated her, but when I know how Lalisa looks, I wonder why they haven't been dating yet.

Back to the party , since the beginning of the party, Sarocha and Lalisa had been nowhere to be found , even it's Lalisa's apartment. I was almost alone in the party, drinking some coke and joining some conversations. Most of the guys here are developers and they were all talking about technology that I sit not really understand and ain't really interested in either.

The first half of the party was nice, people just drink, talk and play some games. That was when they were still sober. It's getting wilder and wilder when some got tipsy and they started to form a group in the middle of the room dancing and laughing with loud music in the background.

Around 10pm, I planned to leave, that was when Lalisa and Sarocha showed up with bottles of vodka on their hands.

Sarocha is wearing a black bodysuit with a plunging neckline revealing a deep V, and fuck that cause I find my mouth hanging open while I can't take my eyes off her the moment she walks in. Wait a minute, I'm not the only one doing this, look, every man in this room is checking her out. Seriously, is she trying to seduce everyone in this room?

- Hi. - I greet both of them after I reach the dessert table where they are standing by, Sarocha just glares at me while Lalisa gives me a board smile. - I have to leave now.

- Why so soon?

Lalisa says surprisingly as she puts down the bottles on the table.

- We will fly back to Korea tomorrow yet I haven't packed anything. I just want to say goodbye and thankyou for the party. It is a nice party, really.

- No. You are not leaving . The party has just begun. Not when we finish all of these. - She points to the bottles.

- But, I-

- No but! You could pack tomorrow morning. Let's stay and have some fun. You have been busy for the whole month. Now it's time to party a little.

Lalisa says sternly as she pulls my arm back to the dancing crowd.