119 - JUST ONE GOOD REASON [M]

BECKY'S POV:

I gasp in astonishment at the sight of Freen on one knee, a smile is shining with her big brown eyes.

Blinking my eyes for a couple of times, I want to hold her face and kiss her in the lips, pouring all of my feelings out on her for her to know.

But I know the kiss can wait. I need to know that this is REALLY happening.

It couldn't be.

I just asked her to be my girlfriend 30 minutes ago.

How can Freen propose to me just after we are official for 39 minutes?

Does she have any idea what she is doing?

Is she aware of what she is and we are signing up for?

- Freen... Are you sure?

- Never been so sure like this in my whole life!

Every word she spelled out with determination while the smile reaching her eyes never leaves her face.

I feel a burning sensation in my nostrils.

- Becky, I know what is going on in your mind?

- You do?

- Yeah. You're gonna say yes.

Can't help smiling, and here she is, smiling too, charmingly and lovingly. How I love her!

Standing up, she wipes the tear that I don't know that it's already there and her palms endearingly cup my cheeks with tenderness. I hold her hand, leaning closer to feel her warmness.

- I know that it won't be easy as any other relationship and marriage, we won't be like any other couple. - she speaks while gazing at my eyes with concern, tenderness along with happiness. - Especially if you say Yes, were gonna get married, we're gonna live together and keep the secret until you are ready for everyone to know. I know it won't be easy, especially for you. I know that I'm selfish. I propose, I put you in a difficult situation, but please, I want you to know that I want a family with you too, I want us to get old together too, I can go anywhere as long as I'm with you, I want to protect you and I will do anything to protect you. I used to think that all I need is power until I had to be alone for three years without you. I couldn't count the times I wanted to break all the rules I built to keep myself from running to your place. That thought crept into my mind every single day without you. How I missed being with you! How I missed your presence! For a million reasons that I shouldn't ask you to marry me right now, I just need one good reason to do it. I love you so so much Becky Armstrong. I need you, I want you. I want to share my life with you, only you. I know things won't be easy, they never are. But I will do everything to protect you and to make sure that you are the happiest person in earth if you allow me to.

I feel something in my stomach, my heart goes a mile just a few seconds, come odd feeling that I have never ever experienced through, but overall, I am overwhelmed with so many different emotions that I don't know how to give order to my body to function properly, I don't know how I stop the weird feeling in my stomach, I don't know how to stop the fast-beating heart that can possibly lead me to a heart attack, I don't know how to stop my hands from sweating, I don't know how to force myself to open my mouth and replies some cheesy words. Not until fear and scare are now drawn in voice, clouding her gaze at the words.

- The thought of a family with you just gave me the strength to propose this insane idea. I know, I will understand if you don't want it now, we could still be lovers.

That's when my body finds it's own way to function. My fingernails press impossibly tight on her skin to grab her attention as words flood out of my mouth.