59 - FLIPPED

BECKY'S POV:

The weeks pass by quickly. I stayed in the hospital for 2 Duas but Freen had been staying there for roughly 3 weeks. Some of her bones were badly broken and her skin got critically burned due to the fire. Today is the day she will be back to work. Rosé was fuming over her, insisting that she would rest longer at home, but Freen was a workaholic and she easily got frustrated when she was not working.

Let's walk back a little, I had vague memories about the day when got out of that burning warehouse. It's Freen who was guiding me on how to keep my breath when the fire started, but just a while after that, my lung and my brain got pain due to oxygen shortage, I had a hard time exhaling and inhaling before blacking out . Freen's panicking voice calling my name was the last thing I heard.

I woke up in hospital while Ritchie was sitting right next to my bed, his eyes were puffy due to crying. The first thing that popped up in my mind was Freen, and he told me Freen was in the emergency room. The word "emergency room" sent a cold shiver down my spine. Mom used to be there and she never came back. A lump was formed in my throat as I tried not to think negatively. .

To say that I was not scared of that incident is a lie. I was damn scared Ang it still gives me goosebumps when my mind accidentally drips back about it. But what scared me more is Freen - seeing her lie in the emergency room. I found myself praying for her before I went to sleep, when I was on my way to work and every time I looked at her office room. I didn't visit her after I left the hospital, mostly I heard about her being from Rosé.

Speaking of  the Rosé, she was the one who called the police for us. That day, Ritchie didn't call the police, he didn't call my aunt or my cousins either, he decided to call Rosé - her phone number is both on my contact list and Freen's.

It took me a few days to work with the police about the Mario case. I reported briefly about how I found Freen, but I didn't utter a word to the police about the story he told me or anything that related to Freen's past. I don't believe him, and somehow I don't think I should talk about it without Freen's consent.

***

Freen enters the office and everyone stops from whatever they are doing to look at her. It is suddenly weirdly quiet in this open workplace with her presence. I can't stop myself from checking her out. She is wearing a black shirt and a striped coat, pants, heels, and sunglasses. She is still as gorgeous as ever.

My team has been buzzing around me these days aKing me about Freen's incident. I don't know how they knew about Freen's being in the hospital and having surgery. Lucky that they had no idea about Mario things.

It's almost the end of the afternoon, Yuki walks to my side and informs me that Freen wanted to talk to me in the office. As I walk to the room, my palms get sweaty. It will the first time I talk to her since the last time we talked in the old warehouse.

- Miss. Sarocha. - I lower my head as I greet her.

- Uh-huh, take a seat.

She raises her head a little, speaks up and points to the guest sofa in the corner of her room. I can't guess what is in that voice of her. I walk and flop myself on the leather sofa as she leaves her table and walks to the sofa as well. She look much thinner, especially in her tight black shirt. She takes off the sunglasses and now I can see dark circles around her big brown eyes.

-  Are you okay?

I ask in my low voice when she settles down opposite to my seat.

- I will be quick. - she doesn't reply to my question, I lower my head to eliminate the sudden disappointment. - First, have you told anyone about the details related to our incident in the warehouse? And the story Nat told you to be specific.

- No. I don't believe what he said so i don't think it's appropriate for me to tell anyone about it when nothing has been confirmed yet. .

- Good. I don't want anyone except me. You and some police officer to know details about the warehouse's incident, especially the story you heard from Nat. Not even Rosé or your family. Clear?

I nod. I have an urge to ask her the real story, but it could be way too personal. I just can't open my mouth to ask her about it.