127

Feeling a pair of eyes watching me having an inner battle, I shift my eyes to find Sarocha gazing at me. Her big sharp eyes give chills down my spine, twice. I don't know how it can happen but it did. I hold my breath as feeling something in my throat, a few moments later, I realize that I want to swallow, but I fight really hard to do so, in front of her. I try to distract myself by looking back at the couple, hoping that Sarocha would shift her gaze out of me so that u could swallow the goddamn saliva. Though I look at the Lalisa and V's direction, my mind has its own way to drift to the first time I met Sarocha, 3 months ago. Oh boy! It's already 3 months since Teddy's wedding. That night, just after a few minutes of our small talking, Sarocha excused herself to be back in the hotel room, cause she doesn't feel physically alright at that moment. The morning after, I hoped that I would meet her around the hotel or the airport but I couldn't find any traits of her though I tried pretty hard scanning the whole crowd of the guests. Early this afternoon, when I settled down in the table, I had no idea t would meet her again and we would even share a same table. I don't know that she is also a friend of Rosé and Lalisa. Actually, they are closer than I thought since she sat next to Rosé, they kissed each other on the cheeks, sharing a long warm embrace before they settled down, smiled and laughed at some jokes I had no idea about.

While she focused on her friend, I couldn't help myself from checking her out. Sarocha is wearing an all-black elegant pantsuit with a trendy coat. her hair color has changed, the last time I saw her, it was black, now it's platinum. Goddamn it! Sarocha looks smoking hot on it! Oh God, Becky, stop! You have a girlfriend! It is the start of the battle behind my cherish smile I out on this shitty wedding. I feel wrong to check her out and staring at her while I have Jin Ah , and the fact that Jin Ah isn't here, she isn't invited and I have no reason to have her accompany me because both Rosé and Lalisa have no idea about relationship. But it isn't like you are cheating on your girlfriend, Becky! Yeah! I would never cheat. I hate cheating. I hate what Lalisa doing to Rosé and if course, I would never do that to Jin Ah. It's just, you know, I love beauty and art, and miss Sarocha here is a purely a work of art that God must spend years perfecting it. God! Especially when she smiles, her plump red lips curl up in a sexy and sweet way towards her cheeks revealing her perfect gummy smile while her eyes shone, she gives that gorgeous smile to Rosé but I feel something explode inside the center if my stomach. Then I got caught,  the smile was gone when she out her eyes on me. Yeah I don't want to be rude by staring at her, so I turn away immediately while heat rushed to my cheeks. But sometimes I just can't help taking a quick glance at her or looking down in my plate but actually watching her moving her long slender fingers around the spoon and the fork. I noticed that her nails are short, like you know, lesbian or bisexuals. Is there any chance that she is gay, or even bi? Oh shit! What's with that question, Becky! You have Jin Ah, remember? I shake my head with a silent sigh then focus back in my food.

That's when I feel a warm hand caress my thigh slightly as a familiar voice soothes my tense body.

- What's wrong? - Rosé asks gently and sweetly. I'm caught by surprise that she noticed my sigh. I love her so much, as a friend, of course,with her sweet care, always. She deserves the best if this world.

- Nothing... - I take her hand on mine as I try to soothe her by squeezing it with the same gentleness.

Rosé laces our fingers together as she smiles at me. Being Rosé 's close friend, I know she acts normal in the facade, but there deep down inside, she is breaking . I don't even understand what drove her to this wedding and stared at her lover kissing her husband. She could excuse herself and stay home but she did the opposite.

- You will be fine! - I whisper to her. And truly, I hope she will be fine at the end.

- thank you! - she smiles, this time it's more honest, something like sparkling appeals in her orbs.

We exchange smiles and keep holding each other's hands under the table while I feel a pair of eyes in me again. I take a secret glance when Rosé doesn't notice at the woman sitting next to her to find Sarocha staring at our lacing hands. It's a quick moment before she focuses back on her plate, but it doesn't escape from my sight.

I desperately wanna ask Rosé more about Sarocha, like who is she, I mean, what is her true identity under her sharp eyes which sometimes scream unknown pain, sadness any mysteries.