72

It's around 8 in the morning. Sunday, I'm standing outside Freen's hotel room. And this shit is crazy.

I was mad at Freen last night, so I didn't come seep on the couch in her living room, I was back to my hotel room instead. And now I regret it already. I know, this is si so wrong, but I can't help myself from worrying when I know she is sick.

I have been rolling in my bed since five in the morning, wondering if I should come to her room to check on her. The very thought of her layung there, in her bed, drenched in sweat won over my pride as I decided to go check on her. I choose to be a good girl. And this is something I think is the right thing to do.

But right now I have been standing outside her room for like 15 minutes and every time I mo e .y hand to press in the doorbell, I stop and question myself again and again.

What should I tell her when she opens the door? If she is okay, then fine. Just admit that I come to check on her if she isn't, will she let me help her?

Should I give her a call instead? To check her beforehand?

I press the button, biting my lips , heart pounding inside my ribcage as I hear the footsteps coming close to the door. So she is okay now? The doorknob turns, I blink my eyes, feeling my palm sweaty all of a sudden.

A Chinese girl welcomes me with her curious eyes.

- Hello miss? What can I help you?

My eyes scan the room number to make sure that I didn't do to the wrong room. And yes, I did come to the right one.

- Is this Freen's room?

- Oh, Miss Freen? Yes, it is.

- Where is she?

I tend to step inside the room but the girl stops me.

- Sorry Miss, but Miss Freen told me not to let anyone in without her permission. Can you stay here before I go inside and ask her?

- No. Don't. Please. But who are you? Why are you here?

- I'm Xuan Lu. I'm her maid.

My eyes bulge out in shock.

- Maid?

- I'm from the butler and maid service of the hotel, Miss Freen hired me yesterday. She asked me to check her in the morning if she is sweating and in case she is, I will help her to clean the sweat and get changed.

Oh man.

- Alright... Did she sweat this morning?

- Yes, miss. But she is okay and she is sleeping now. I will keep checking on her until she wakes up.

- Yeah. You should prepare breakfast for her as well.

- I will. Don't you want me to tell her you came?

- No. Ni. Don't please. Don't tell her that I passed by . I'll go now. Thanks.

I turn my back as I start cursing silently. Freen got a maid.

Why did I feel like she just gave me a slap as hiring a maid to replace my job?

Well played. A maid.