Chapter Twenty-Three

Mick woke me up as Jacque was getting ready to go back to Brackley, and we'll just go there in the evening as what he said, as his house is not yet ready for guests, he'll have get a cleaning team for it. But Mick and I already planned to be back at Brackley tomorrow morning for his seat fit.

"You dont have to worry about that, we dont have to stay at your house." I said as  we went down to the garage with Jacque, Mick and I are still in our pajamas. "We're gonna drive back here tomorrow after the seat fit."

"Fine, just wear protection. As much as I love kids I'm not ready yet for my baby sister to have one." Jacque warned before going in his car. He looked at Mick and i followed his gaze.

I was shocked to see Mick stunned from what Jacque said. I was waiting for a light-hearted joke but Mick was just left speechless.

"We're not planning to have one this soon Jacque." I said trying to forget the doubt that settled in my mind because of Mick's reaction. I felt Mick's hand behind me pulling me closer to him.

"Promise me that."Jacque said as i nodded and he finally closed his car door and drove off, leaving Mick and I waving our hands to him.

When we went back to the flat i was dead silent, I just dont want to speak anymore because i know if i will, i will definitely say the wrong words.

I know he's too young and i know i am too, but he didn't react the way i expected. I was waiting for him to joke about it too, but he didn't. He just stood there speechless. I'm kind of offended because maybe he doesn't want to have kids or i am overacting and overthinking things i shouldn't.

I don't want kids yet too, but im just a bit bummed and offended that he doesn't want it.

I just sat down there on my couch, looking outside as the cloudy and cold morning of UK passes by. Maybe I'm just thinking too much about this and making a big deal out of this.

Maybe it's not even like that, maybe he was just taken aback by what my brother said since he's too career focused, and I'm career focused too.

"Baby?" Mick interrupted my thoughts as he sat down next to me. His lovely perfume filled my nostrils that made me instantly forget about what im thinking.

I just hummed as a reply.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked as he leaned his head on my shoulder as he slumped in the couch.

"Im just thinking." I faintly smiled as i held his hand. He intertwined it with his fingers as he pulled it to his lips, kissing the back of my hand.

"About what?" He asked as he fiddled with my hand as he looked at me.

"About me moving to Monaco, having my own life there, having my own place, living alone." I said as he turned to face me.

"If you don't want to live alone in Monaco, maybe you could just live with me in Switzerland." He said so casually, that brought chills to my spine because of being stunned.

That. That is why I'm bummed, he wants me to be there always with him and like making me feel like he wants to settle doen but what I saw in his reaction before after my brother said that says otherwise.

"You know that i don't do well in the cold, baby." I just said, trying to make excuses so that i will not say something wrong that will cause an argument. As i cupped his face with my free hand and rubbed circles on his cheeks. His curious bright blue eyes looking at me. "And Monaco is where my mother grew up, its where i spent all my childhood in, it holds a big place in my life."

I can feel his jaw clenching under my hand, i just smiled as i kissed him. I felt him smile in the kiss as i pulled away. That somehow made my thoughts fade and was replaced wild thoughts running through my mind.