Chapter Seventy

The days passed by quickly and Gio is picked up by his parents at Charles and I's apartment after their honeymoon. It was even cut off early because Collette begged for them to go home because she misses her baby and Marck didn't even fight for it because he misses their baby too.

"Bye-bye, Gio," I mumbled as the sadness creeps into me since I was the only one here because Charles went to Napoli for a karting race with his team. He begged me to come but I told him no since I don't want to travel Gio around to stress him more because of the plane ride that we had from Sardinia to Nice.

"The helmet? When are you going to get it and surprise him?" March asked and I just smiled. The helmet is there at the house and I intend to keep it there until it's the right time to surprise him.

" I'll surprise him when he comes back." I smiled as I smiled and looked at the baby in Collette's arms.

"Charles isn't here  yet?" March asked as I nodded my head. "Why don't you use the jet to fly to Napoli, I could call the pilot for a quick plane ride."

"I don't even know how to get there." I chuckled as I gave them Gio's luggage.

"Come on Anne I know you. You'll find a way." March chuckled as he pulled up his phone and called the pilot for a quick plan to Napoli. "It'll be ready in an hour, I'll just bring my wife and son to the house then I'll come back to bring you to the airport."

And there they went out of the apartment and I have no choice but to pack a suitcase for Napoli. I was about to call Charles to inform him but I remembered Joris was there too so I dialed his number and he immediately picked up.

"Joris, don't you dare say my name." I threatened before he could even say hello and he just laughed. "I'll be there in about two hours, send me the location and update me where you are. Or you could just sneak out and pick me up at the airport."

He groaned and I am sure he is rolling his eyes at me right t now.

"You rich people love to have the spur of the moments trips." he groaned as I laughed. "Fine just text me when you arrive here and I'll pick you up, he's with his cousins right now."

"Thank you so much, Jo, I owe you one," I said goodbye before hanging up the phone, and m ok minutes later Marck came to pick me up.

The flight was short and when I arrived, Joris was other to pick me up. And when we arrived at the tracks I saw Charles having fun with his cousins and I immediately felt bad about being here since this is maybe the only time he got with his family here in Napoli.

"Anne?" Charles called out when he saw me standing with Joris at the side of the truck. He immediately stood up from his seat and ran up to me. "Je parlais littéralement de toi à ma tante et à mes oncles." (I was just literally talking about you to my Aunt and Uncles.)

He pulled me away from Joris' side and I heard Joris groan again which made me chuckle. But it's only because we talked that in the next GP, the British GP, I will treat them for a day and I agreed.

As Charles introduced me to his family here, the guilt that I have suddenly become heavier as I saw them enjoying their time and I suddenly appeared.

"Bud, I'll just gonna watch my team race there in the tracks, do you want to come?" he asked me as he stood up from the seat next to me.

"Lasciala stare, è al sicuro qui."(Let her stay, she's safe here.) his aunt said as my eyes widened. I just have my French back now I need to learn Italian again too.

"Oh, Zia, non sa più parlare italiano." (Oh Aunty, she can't speak Italian anymore.) Charles said as I felt relief from what he just said. I pretty much understand it but speak? Nope, it will definitely take time.