Chapter Sixty One

The Miami GP qualifying went on without me, as I stayed in my hotel room and just waited for Charles to come back as soon as Quali ends. And every after a session he would call to check up on me, which made me feel a lot better.

"I only got p7 Bud." He sighed on the other line.

"Bud, that's okay. You had a crash, that's understandable. Plus P9 for Max." I chuckled as I heard him chuckle too. "What do you want later? I'll order it."

"Anything  as long as it's with you it's great Bud." He said which made me chuckle.

"That's not very helping but I'll see what I can do, I'll see you here in my room?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Of course Bud, by the way, I'll bring my things there later." He laughed and I smiled.

"Just leave Joris alone in your room." I sassed with made him laugh even more.

"Wait say that again, he's with me." He chuckled. "Go on Bud."

And I repeated it for him to laugh again at his friend who groaned and sighed. We both laughed at Joris's reaction before saying goodbye and hung up.

As I waited for Charles in my hotel room I just scrolled through my phone and saw multiple messages from Mick and chats from him on Instagram. I deleted the last and only picture we have in my account.

I decided to post the pictures I took of my Marck while he's in the garage in his race suit smiling at me, some of their cars, with Pierre, and of course, the last one would be a picture of Marck, Charles, Lorenzo, Arthur and me in the middle after the Bahrain GP where Arthur got p3 during the practice. I just captioned it "Season Recap, great people = great time 🏎"

Moments later Pierre liked it and commented on it.

The roller coaster you mean. 😂

I rolled my eyes as I replied.

True that 🤷🏻‍♀️

And As soon as the likes increases and when I saw Charles liked it I closed my phone and I was about to order some food when I heard a knock on my door. Thinking it was Charles I quickly opened it and saw Mick standing there with a bunch of roses in his hands. There I quickly remembered that I gave Charles a keycard before he went to the tracks this morning.

"What are you doing here?" I spat as he looked at me with his pleading eyes.

"I want you back Anne, please." He pleaded as he handed me the bouquet of roses. "What I did was wrong, but I swear that the last time I will ever see Louise."

"So that was Louise." I chuckled as I held onto the door, trying my best to stop the urge of slapping him across the face. "Glad I finally saw her then."

"Anne please, your sarcasm isn't helping me here." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want me to tell you? Take you back and say I love you?" I looked at him dead straight in the eyes as there are no pity anymore, only hate.

"Take me back please Anne." He pleaded as he pushed the bouquet again in front of me.

"Take that away from me, maybe Lou could appreciate that." I smiled as I closed the door in his face.

"Anne! Please!" He banged on my door and I quickly grabbed my phone and called Charles, my hand still shaking from the sudden anxiousness that engulfed me. "Please let's talk."

I paced back and forth in the room as I tried to call my brother and yet he is not answering. As soon as I called Charles he immediately answered.

"Mick is here." My voice cracked as I felt lightheaded from thinking too much about Mick being here. "Please hurry."